Sunshine

It's been a few days since they made up, to say she was happy would be an understatement. He was gradually starting to talk to her, and they spent more and more time together.

They were sitting in her office when he suddenly said "Can we go to the nearest city?" Surprised at his request, she just looked at him with questioning eyes urging him to continue "I lived there before I crossed your borders, I want to get my things" he added.

Suddenly butterflies went wild in her stomach, he was settling in, he was moving in. It made her wolf jump and howl with joy. Nodding, she grabbed her keys and threw it at him. She loved racing, but dreaded driving. She craved the adrenaline, so naturally going slowly while driving was not her thing, infact she hated it.

They made their way to her car, she saw his eyebrows raising at the beauties infront of him "Like it? They're my pride and joy" she exclaimed, smirking at his reaction. He just shrugged and gave her an unamused look. She rolled her eyes at his disinterest. She was offended, she loved her cars, they were all custom and she took care of all of them like they were her children. Now they were in her jeep, she figured they needed the space if they were getting his stuff.

"You have a thing for pearl white don't you?" He said, that snapped her out of her sour mood. Looking at him she just nodded, then proceeded to explain why she loved white so much. He listened intently at her blabbering, he was amused that this little fireball of an alpha could not stop talking about her cars. She was different he thought, she's strong, independent, intelligent, cunning. Every bit of an alpha as he expected.

He was falling for her, hard and fast. But it scares him, she was the sun, she burned brightly, strongly, she brought him warmth. When it was dark he thought about her and she brought him light, he needed her all the time, always wanting to be in her presence. She outshines everything and anything around her. She was beautiful to look at, sometimes too beautiful it was blinding. She frustrated him sometimes but still he'd miss her when she was gone. He'd always look at her in amazement at how a creature like her existed. Like every sunrise and sunset, she was a promise of an ending and a new beginning. And he worships her being.

Nearing his house, he was snapped out of his thoughts. He pulled over and parked in his driveway. She was immediately running to his door, shaking his head and chuckling he followed after her. "You're laughing at me, I know I'm excited, this is a part of you I haven't seen, is it bad I want to know my mate?" She said with pout. This girl, he thought, the whirlwind kept surprising him. The honesty always surprised him, she was getting comfortable with him, she was acting like a girlfriend and he wasn't complaining anytime soon. He loved this side of her, not the grumpy alpha he met. He was easing in on the whole mate thing, and he liked it.

Opening the door she stepped in, his house was amazing, scratch that, his mansion was amazing. But as beautiful as it was, it felt lonely. She knew he lived alone, and he wasn't here all the time, it looked and smelled barely used.

He grabbed her hand and dragged her up the stairs. All she could think about were the sparks. The sudden loss of contact snapped her out of it. She was surprised he brought her to his room, she immediately knew he spent most of his time here. His stuff was neat, but with a few out of place things here and there. He reappeared through a door which she assumed was the walk in closet. "Help me pack?" He asked, which she nodded in response.

His closet was beautiful, he had style and she loved it. Everything was designer, but not the kind that was tacky. He was obliviously rich, and she knew he had alpha blood. But she was afraid to ask why he wasn't an alpha.

Reading her mind again, he began talking "when I was 8, I was sent to alpha camp to begin my training. All was well, everything went smoothly. When I was 16 I went home for the summer. I hadn't shifted yet, and we were attacked, almost everyone died, my father died. I wasn't of age yet, the pack was left in a power void, then the warriors started fighting each other for the alpha title. They died one by one. One warrior succeeded, but the pack was practically nonexistent by then, a lot already left, my mom was depressed because of her mate's death, she didn't care anymore. The warrior that succeeded tried mating with her, but she refused him everytime. Then he raped her. She was grieving, then she was violated. Her wolf had enough, she killed everyone except me, then put a silver bullet to her head the next day. I was alone, I didn't know what to do. I lived in my father's office for days, then I saw everything he left me. They were planning on living in this house when they retired from the alpha position. They left me a trust fund that could give me a very comfortable life until the day I die. All that including the pack money and business. I picked myself up and moved here. Since then, I ran the business on my own and never went back to the pack land. I became human until you found me"

She just sat there listening to him talk, she held his hand and just let him open up about his past. She felt his pain, and now she understood why he didn't talk much. She understood why he always felt alone. When he was done she hugged him, because that was all she could give him. He hugged her back and nuzzled into her neck, it calmed his wolf, the simple gesture was all he needed.