Periwinkle

Lights.

All he could see were bright lights. Looking at the white ceiling above, he couldn't comprehend the situation. In the background he could hear the faint noise of someone yelling and growling.

Then everything came rushing back.

The attack. His mate. And the haunting fact that he had died.

But he didn't understand, why was he still here. He felt it all. He experienced those 7 minutes they all talked about. All at once he felt everything — yet nothing. A hollow feeling in his chest told him dreadful information. His mate was somewhere, and her wolf was straddling the thin line between life and death.

He suddenly sat up and looked frantically for her. But what struck him the most was a broken looking Beta and Gamma by his bed. And he noticed the grim aura of a brooding alpha in the corner. Then the sirens blared in his head, his wolf was howling. And he knew — his mate was gone. Noticing his alarm, the Beta shook his head, confirming his deductions.

He just sat there and stared at the wall, after a few moments passed he said "I can feel her wolf, she's not dead... but her wolf's dying". The beta continued to explain that they already had scouts looking for her, but they still didn't have any leads.

"I died, I felt it." He paused contemplating everything that happened. After a minute he continued "how?" He couldn't put into words what his thoughts and emotions, it was the only coherent thing he could say.

"When you died, we all felt it. Elise accidentally broadcasted the pain through the pack link. And we also heard her thoughts, it may had been the darkest, most twisted thing I ever felt and saw. Her pain, her grief, her loss combined was terrifying. It was as if something in her snapped and her wolf went mad. Then everything was dead silent, but we heard the most heart broken howl after. A few moments passed, we heard heard her screaming and came a power surge through the link, we've been speculating that maybe that was what brought you back. The power was nothing like we've felt before, it strengthened us, healed us in an instant, but we still felt her dominance seeping through. We called a witch to check up on you and us too. She explained everything, turns out the power surge came from her and our speculations were true." The gamma said. He could only nod at the information, everything was too much and he had trouble processing it.

"Who attacked us?" He said in a blunt tone, the men in the room looked at each other, seemingly having a silent conversation, debating who should tell him. Minutes passed and Kent answered with "Him".

Him.

The person they talked about in the meeting with all the Alphas, questions upon questions started to fill his mind. He then looked at Kent questioningly, urging him to elaborate, but the alpha only shook his head.

Turning to the Beta he was about to ask what happened and who He was when a warrior came in. "The King is here" he announced. All eyes in the room went wide, and everything became dead silent. He wondered what he was doing here, but before the words left his mouth the king came barging in and had him by his collar. "What the fuck happened to my sister" he growled.