Sterling

She was woken up by someone tickling her nose. Her eyes shot open and looked to its source while growling. Her eyes went wide at the action because it was the first time she did it. To her side Nikolai also looked at her in surprise.

Quickly apologising she explained that it never had happened before and she didn't know where it came from. He only laughed at her and said it was okay, he picked her up and sat her on his lap and hugged her tight

"Where did my feisty Alpha go? Could you tell her I miss her." He said in sad tone, looking up at him she asked what an "Alpha" was. He looked at her as if deciding if she was ready or not. She looked at him with hopeful eyes, the sight almost melted him, so he nodded and called for someone.

The door to her room opened and in-came a man, he was the man that somehow had a resemblance to her and she immediately felt the connection with him. She was about to ask who he was but the door flew open and three men came in, she grew startled and nestled herself more to him, he rubbed her back and told her it was okay. Inhaling deeply she turned to face their worried faces once more.

"We need to tell her" said Nikolai, all the men nodded and looked at the first man who came in. He stood up and walked infront of Nikolai and her and said "I'm Constantine, your brother" she looked at him and suddenly flashbacks of their childhood appeared, she stood up and hugged him tightly.

When the hug was over he made her sit next to him in the bed. Nikolai stood near her while holding her when Constantine began telling her about everything that she was, and everything that happened. When the story was done she looked at everyone in the room, seemingly getting fragments of her memories back but not enough.

She was about to say something when a headache ripped through her. Her grip on Nikolai tightened and he panicked looking for any signs of injury.

"My head is hurting again, this happens every time I try to remember my past or every time I do. Can someone please look through my stuff and get my medicine" she said while pointing to her bag.

Alex immediately stood up and grabbed the bottle, he handed it to Nikolai who looked at it curiously. He opened it and sniffed what was inside of it. It smelled rancid and he felt like he was going to hurl. He closed it and looked at her " You are not drinking that" he said with finality in his tone.

"Then what do you suggest I do to relieve the pain?" She said in a calm manner, but they could all feel the hostility underneath. "Looks like my feisty little alpha is making an appearance now" he said in an amused tone.

Elise was far from amused, it felt like he head was splitting in half and Nikolai wasn't helping, another flashback came where she was yelling at him and Kent in her office. The thought made her want to laugh but her headache was too much.

She was getting impatient, and they were only looking at her. "Why are you all only looking at me" she said with so much power that Alex and Tyler were kneeling on the floor and Nikolai, Kent, and Constantine were bowing.

"What did I do?" She whispered while looking at Nikolai. He smiled wildly at her and explained the she made an Alpha command while also explaining what it was. She then questioned why even the supposed King was also bowing, Constantine dismissed the question explaining that it was for another time.

She didn't know if her headache was dissipating or if she was getting used to it. "I know something — someone that could help" said Kent. He brought his phone out and dialled a number, it was a brief conversation about how fast that someone could come. Turning to them with a smile on his face he informed them that she'd be there in an hour.

Kent's "friend" arrived exactly an hour later. He explained that Vittoria was a witch and that she'd help Elise find out what was wrong.

At first Nikolai wouldn't even let the witch near his mate, but after a conversation with her he relented as long as the witch would let him stand near his mate.

Vittoria held out her hand for Elise to take, and put her other hand on her temple. She closed her eyes and concentrated, but after a few tries she couldn't figure out what was wrong.

"I need your blood" said the witch. And almost immediately the men in the room growled at her. But she held her gaze, and Elise nodded. She handed her a knife, and a bowl to collect the blood.

A gasp left her when she saw the colour of her blood, it was silver. Werewolves had golden blood, and from what she could recount only Angels had silver blood.

Nikolai was also stunned at the fact, he turned to the King and questioned it.

"We don't know either, it had been that way since she was born, and no we don't have an ancestor who was an Angel, we've consulted many and to this day we don't have an answer" the King mustered.

They all turned back to the witch who was still staring at her blood curiously. Shaking her head she began doing the rituals, adding herbs and what not to the bowl. Sparks began igniting in the bowl.

Elise was enchanted, watching the lights dance amongst themselves, she was captivated by the electric hum of the sight before her, then out of nowhere colours began to appear much like the northern lights, but this was prettier and she couldn't explain why.

When it ended she looked around the room only to see that their eyes were wide, when she asked why, she was immediately pulled into her mate's embrace and Vittoria explained that they saw everything from the moment she woke up to the moment she found them again.

The man that posed as her "fiancé" was actually the most despised man in the kingdom. It was him, he was the reason why she couldn't remember anything. He blocked her memories but they still had figure out how.

————————
A/N:

Heyyyyy!

I'd like to thank you all for the support 💖

I love seeing it when you guys vote and add Paint me Golden to your reading lists! And I'm going to start replying to comments now, I figured there's no point in shying away from you guys.

Btw, who's your favourite character?

And let's do a mini Q&A, comment here and I'll answer your question.

Love lots!! 💖