Bubblegum

The were back at their "usual" spot, in the steps of the backyard foyer, drinking wine and just talking.

"Now is it over?" Her mate asked. She lifted her glass and nodded in response. He let out a breath and placed her in his lap. While nuzzling her neck he knew that now was the time to ask "I found the letters in your drawer, everything you "left" for us, I know the prophecy said you'd have to give something up, but the thought of loosing you again was unbearable. I would've cried like a baby if Alex wasn't there." She pulled him closer while laughing at his remark. "But what did you give up?" He asked while looking confused.

She stood up and sat infront of him, "nothing too major.... I think?" She asked equally as confused as he was. She shook her head and sat straight. The nails on her left hand grew and she cut her other palm, then gold blood started dripping down her arm.

"My blood isn't silver anymore, Vittoria also doesn't understand what happened, but we're looking into it" she explained, getting up she moved back into his lap and they once again sat in comfortable silence.

——

Days have gone by and everything was returning to normal. Nikolai still took her out on dates and continued doing couple-y things. But what made her wonder was why she still wasn't marked and mated. He hasn't even kissed her properly yet!

It frustrated her to the point where she wanted to pull all her hair out. Even her Beta had caught on. But with everything happening that day she needed to keep a level head and push through.

Today was the day Nikolai was to be accepted into the pack, he'd be officially Alpha. And her brother and the council was attending so the pack house was bustling.

It was already mid-day but she still hadn't seen her mate. The ceremony starts at four, but he was no where to be found. So she started to prepare without him.

She wore a white floor length dress that had tiny little vines of gold running through them. She decided to keep her hair down, so she curled them a little for a little volume and she kept her make up to a minimal.

Just as she was done someone knocked at her door. To her surprise, it was her family. She didn't know why they were all there, but she figured maybe her big brother brought them too. They talked for a while and headed down for the ceremony.

She stood tall and proud in a platform set up in the clearing. After her little speech, she called for him. And the he was in the back of the crowd, standing straight and tall. For a moment everything faded and it was just them.

When he reached the platform the ceremony was to start. The head of the council was there to officiate it. He knelt before her and bowed his head. The elder said a few prayers and gave a silver knife to her. She asked for his palm and slashed it straight in the middle, she gave the knife to him and he did so too. With one final look, they joined palms and a surge of energy was felt by everyone.

Now they were both Alphas, the crowd cheered and applauded. She looked at her mate and smiled brightly "now it's time for your speech" she said. He nodded and stepped forward

"We've been through alot already, haven't we?" He started, which made everyone laugh in response.
"We've been through a lot, and we made it. You've only known me for a short period of time, but I can assure you I'd always be there to protect and stand for this pack. And I know Elise is one hell of a good Alpha by her self. But now she has me, to stand by her in keeping this pack and in doing the paper work she hates" the remark made everyone laugh, including himself. "Now, first order of business" he turned and looked at his mate. He knelt down and pulled out a ring "Marry me?" he asked Elise. Everyone cheered and his mate jumped and hugged him.

Now it was official, he was the happiest man alive. He stood up carefully, while still holding his mate. Grabbing her hand, he turned and called her brother. They were to be married that moment. And the King was to marry them.