Wine

The ride home was eventful, she was surprised that he began humming to the song playing on the radio, she loved it. She too began singing. They laughed at each other when they couldn't hit the high notes, for once it felt as if they were a couple.

It wasn't normal for wolves to wait this long to mate, but with two head strong alphas they decided to take it low and slow. They wanted to get to know each other first.

When the car came to a halt, he turned to her and said "would you like to have dinner with me? Tonight?" She was flattered by the invitation and gladly accepted, but then she asked where, which only earned her a smirk. She only rolled her eyes and got out of the car.

They moved his things to his new room, which was right across from hers. Her wolf had been demanding to be with her mate, but her human was still testing the waters in their relationship. She wanted to ask him badly, but she always had the fear of him rejecting her offer.

——

He was helping her with paper work when she stood up and sat beside him. Her eyes were brighter, they looked like blue marble with gold rippling through it, her wolf was in control he thought. When he opened his mouth to ask what was going on, she began talking, explaining how she felt and then proceeded to ask him "Would you mind if I asked that we move in together?"

He just stared at her, the longer they sat in silence the more her heart broke. When he didn't answer immediately her wolf gave her back full control. She was mad at her wolf for being so tactless, but she still understood her.

Sighing, she got up and walked to the door, he was still staring at her, she shook her head and just told him to forget she asked. She didn't want him to see her break down by something as simple as that. She understood his side, maybe he wasn't ready yet. They had all the time in the world.

She began walking to the forest, she needed a run, her wolf was whimpering, grieving over the fact that her mate didn't even say anything.

She ran north, going to a place that always brought her comfort. She dived into a river to mask her scent. Mind linking her beta, telling him she was leaving the pack land for a bit and giving detailed instructions on what to do. She would be gone for a day or so.

This is so dramatic. She thought to herself, but she felt rejected. Although they didn't start on the right foot, they started to build up their relationship. She thought he'd be happy with the prospect, but he only stared. Not even a no, not even a yes, just blank. Her wolf was hurting, and she needed time.

——

Four hours running, she made it. Shifting back to her human, she was tired. Walking in the familiar stone path, she noticed the garden was redone. Flowers were everywhere, by the looks of them they were enchanted flowers that bloom all year round. The smell of her Mother's cooking made her stomach rumble.

Before she could even knock at the door, it swung open and she was engulfed with a bear hug from her father. She missed him terribly. They always had a great relationship, the only time they fought was when she had to live far away from them. It was more of him not wanting to be away from his little girl, as he so liked calling her.

Her mom came around the corner breaking them off, she ushered them to the kitchen and began preparing the food. Elise stayed silent, watching her parents go about. Her mom noticing it she demanded Elise to tell her what was going on.

She never liked being told what to do, but her parents were the exemption. She proceeded to telling them everything that happened since her mate came into her life. When she was done talking, she felt someone hit her head. Looking for the culprit she saw it was her older brother, he said "You're an idiot, you know that. You didn't even give him time to answer. Why the hell did you tell him nevermind and run all the way here just because you were overreacting. You're the damn alpha of the second strongest pack" he said annoyed.

She knew she was overreacting, but she just didn't know what to do, she did all of it because of embarrassment and hurt. He didn't do anything, yet she was blaming him. She was turning into a hormonal teenager by the second, and she wasn't enjoying it.

Her scolded her brother for being mean to her, and made him apologize, which he didn't do. Elise stopped him, and told them he was right. They were surprised she wasn't being a hot head about it, this was the side she rarely shows. "Oh My Goddess, She can admit her mistakes, and she has a heart!" Her little brother yelled why running into the kitchen.

Smacking her brother's arm, they all just laughed at his comment. But it was true, she had always been called heartless, soulless even. She'd always been a cold person, always keeping to herself unless Alex or Kent were visiting her. When she turned 19 and didn't find her mate she was the talk of the town. Which only made her retreat to herself more.