Snow

When they got to the ball everyone's eyes turned to them. They looked stunning to say the least. She wore a blush pink gown with gold detailing. It was an A-line dress with a low-v, the gold dancing with the pink, like vines crawling up and down the dress it looked like it was swirling, it was intricate, intriguing, hypnotising, and everyone was staring in awe.

To her side was her mate, in all black. A perfect contrast to her. Women were swooning over him, but his eyes were locked on his mate.

As they made their way down the staircase only music could be heard, it was as if everyone was holding their breaths. Then Rachmaninoff began to play in the background and they started to dance, which everyone took this as a cue to start dancing.

It was a beautiful sight to watch them dance. It looked like night and day coming together in perfect harmony. They swayed to the beat in such grace it looked as if they were floating. The way they carried themselves had a regal sense to them, it was powerful, domineering, yet elegant, and refined

As the music ended, everyone's attention was caught by the sound of trumpets by the entrance. The King and Queen had arrived.

They pair looked immaculate, the king was in his royal uniform, red, white, and blue. Power and dominance oozing out of him. It was as if he was made to be the center of attention. Beside him was his mate. In a beautiful red and gold gown. The dress was exquisite, the pattern and color choices were medieval but the structure and cut was modern. She was radiant and graceful.

As the King and Queen descended the stairs, music began to play, the pair stood in the middle of the ballroom to dance, everyone was watching the exchange. Looks of admiration and awe could be observed. Yet there were still few that looked with distaste and envy.

The dance ended and the king and queen began to mingle. As the king approached her, her mate looked at him with a scowl. The queen crept behind her and surprised her with a back hug. She let out a small squeal and they began laughing. The scene made her mate chuckle.

The king began talking to her mate, at first you could see the awkward tension between them but it slowly disappeared. The conversation was cut short when someone interrupted and pulled the King and Queen away.

As the couple glided away he teased his mate "we'll it seems someone is in close acquaintance with the royals" she only gave him a meek smile and shook her head. Then she proceeded to explain they the queen and her go way back.

The Ball ended, and she wanted to go home desperately. It was already midnight when she finally convinced him to go home. A few hours later, they arrived to a quiet pack house, but her beta and gamma were standing in the door way.

An hour later, she was still staring at the ceiling. But her mate just made her watch a movie. Half way into the movie sirens began to sound. And her gamma informed her of an attack. They immediately stood up and looked at each other.

He knew she would fight and nothing would stop her. He just hugged her and pressed her forehead against her. It was a silent plea to be safe and if anything goes wrong she'd call him. He began to tell her those three words but someone banging on the door interrupted him.

It was her beta, informing her of what was happening. It was urgent and they needed to respond. They just nodded and headed out, hand in hand they saw what was happening.

It was raining fire and bullets, but her wolves were fighting with all of what they got. The grass was bloody, bodies littering the lawn. Deafening growls could be heard everywhere.

Shifting mid pace, they began to fight. Their wolves sharing glances from time to time.  The storm of silver bullets stopped and it was just a mess of flesh and fur. She was covered in dirt and blood. But not a single scar could be found.

His golden wolf looked tawny, the gore marring his immaculate fur. But he was a strong wolf, taking down everything in his path and helping his pack members in need. He wasn't pronounced Alpha yet, but he was playing the role quite well.

In his peripheral vision he saw someone enter the pack house. Upon instinct he followed, the wolf was headed upstairs. His stealth mode was up and he stalked it to her office. But what he didn't know was that she had the room redone, his cover was blown when he knocked over her favourite vase.

Outside, his mate became a killing machine. She took down 5 at a time and the pack was no longer on defensive. The odds were getting better by the second as their assault mode was wiping out the attackers. With the last wolves remaining, she noticed something in the bushes. It was him, the hairs in her back stood up and she was about to pounce on him. But suddenly she felt a stab in her heart. She knew her mate was hurt and immediately looked for him.

He was nowhere to be found, so she raced to the pack house. She followed the foot prints to her office and she was shocked by what she saw. Her mate was on the floor bloodied, his laboured breathing could be heard, then he looked at her. That look, it held all the admiration and love in the world, and that snapped her out of her trance.

She screamed and fought the wolf that caused this. She was winning but just as she was about to snap its neck she felt an unbearable pain.

Her mate had died.

Everything came flashing before her eyes.

His laugh.

His smile.

His wolf.

Their quiet moments.

His singing in the car.

The ball.

The way he danced with her.

Those moments where he pulled her close and nuzzled her neck.

And most of all, those eyes that looked at her like she was the best thing that happened to him.

She howled at the pain, her wolf retreated into her and she shifted into a human again. She crawled to his limp body on the floor and held his hand. She screamed at him to wake up, but to no avail nothing happened.

Sobbing beside him, she screamed at the top of her lungs.

And then everything went black.