B.C. Alizarin

Bonus Chapter 1 - Niko's Anger
Context: Chapter 3 Ocean but in Niko's POV

Today was the day he'd decided to finally talk to his mate properly. He'd already wasted time and it's clear as day that he'd already annoyed her so much.

On the outside he tried looking calm, but under the mask he'd built were tidal waves of emotions — fear of rejection, guilt that he'd already stressed his mate out, fear that he might do something stupid, and an overwhelming feeling of anxiety that he doesn't even know where it's coming from.

With a deep breath he squared his shoulders and stood straight, the beta was taking him to her office to talk. But what caught his attention was the scent of another male; an unmated male.

His wolf was already at the edge, but this push him further. His eyes were glowing gold and his senses were heightened. The nearer they got to her office, the more he could hear about an ongoing conversation

"You found your mate" an unknown male said.

Then his mate started talking about him, and how they met. He could clearly sense the frustration in her voice and it broke his heart more

"You know I love you, right? I'd do anything for you. Just know my offer still stands. I'll wait for your answer, no matter how long" the male said.

He heard a snap in his mind, and in a flash his wolf was in control gripping the collar of the unknown male in her office.

"ENOUGH" his mate yelled, but he wasn't listening and held on even tighter until his mate ordered her warriors to separate the two.

"Why are you here" she hissed at him. "What was his offer" he retorted, completely ignoring the question. She tried one more time only to be answered with "WHAT WAS HIS OFFER. IM NOT ASKING YOU, IM DEMANDING YOU TO TELL ME. I AM YOUR MATE. I DESERVE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIPS YOU HAVE WITH OTHER MEN." he yelled in an alpha command.

She scoffed and retorted "YOU COME STROLLING INTO MY LAND WITH A SMIRK PLASTERED ON YOUR FACE. WHEN I ASK WHY, YOU GIVE ME THE SAME DAMN SMIRK. YOU'VE NOT ONLY DISRESPECTED ME AS AN ALPHA, YOU DISRESPECT ME AS A MATE WHEN YOU WONT EVEN CONSIDER TRUSTING ME ENOUGH TO TALK TO ME. AND YOU DARE BRING THAT UP NOW. LET ME TELL YOU THIS, RESPECT IS EARNED MUTT. YOU DO NOT BLATANTLY IGNORE ME AND EXPECT ME TO ATLEAST BE NICE TO YOU. AND ONE THING I HATE MORE IS WHEN MEN THINK THEY CAN USE THE ALPHA COMMAND ON ME JUST BECAUSE I AM A FEMALE. SO SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN BECAUSE I HAVE NO TIME TO DEAL WITH YOU AND YOUR PETTINESS." She yelled in the last part in an alpha command which made the walls shake a little.

Her Beta, Gamma and warriors were on their knees with their neck showing submission, the other alpha in the room had his head lowered, he sat down as well. She was breathing hard.
"Take him back to the cellars, I'll deal with him later" she told her warriors.

The action broke his heart more than he cared to admit. As he was getting dragged out of her office, she was apologising to the other male. He could hear his wolf whimpering, almost breaking at the fact that their mate was choosing somebody over them.

That night he was transferred to a room in the pack house. But with the looks of the room you could clearly see that they still didn't trust him.

It was near midnight when she came home, he could hear her laughing loudly with the man in her office that day. His wolf whined louder in his mind. But he just accepted it, the fact that he'd be alone all his life. Well, atleast his mate is happy he thought