We need to talk

Patton'sPOV:
I'm so excited for Logan to come home! I have everything planned out and even written down! He'll be so proud of me and my organization skills! Wait focus Patton, this isn't about your organizing skills, this is about adopting a child with the man you love. Focus. I'm just so excited! We'll actually be parents! Oh I hope we get a little boy! A girl would be nice too, any gender would work really. Aww they'll be the cutest thing in the world!

While I'm gushing about how cute our kids will be I hear a car pull into the drive way. Logan is home! Okay I have his favourite made for dinner, all my notes and research ready to be presented and now all I need is my Logan. I hear the door open and rush to greet him by tackle hugging him. "Logieeeeee you're hooome!!" I feel arms wrap around my waist and a chuckle escape him. Planting a kiss on my lips he smiles down at me, "Yes, yes I'm home. How was your day darling?" I grin up at him as I lead him to the table and ramble on about the things I did today.

After we had both finished eating I decided to bring up what I wanted to say. "Logan. We need to talk....GOOD THINGS!! ABOUT GOOD THINGS!!" The look of panic that crossed his face scared me, he thought I wanted to talk about something bad. I guess I'm never really that serious but I figured this required extra seriousness.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about Patton?" I took a deep breathe before handing him my notepad and the pamphlet from the fridge, "I saw the pamphlet you left on the fridge and got to thinking that maybe adopting wouldn't be such a bad idea. I spent all day researching, configuring and just overall planning everything out. So, what do you think? Because I think we're ready."

Logan was silent for a while, a long while. He was reading over everything I provided along with the pamphlet and was even writing down some things of his own. Logan nodded to himself before looking back up at me with a smile. "I must say I am very proud of you for organizing and presenting things the way you did," I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face, "and after going over everything, I too think we are well prepared to adopt a child."

I squeal out of excitement and we both stand in order to hug each other. I was so happy! We're going to be parents! "Oh Logan! I'm so excited!! We're going to be parents!" He smiled down at me and pressed a quick kiss to my lips, "I'm excited too my dear. I'll be sure to call during the week and schedule an appointment with the agency and orphanage."

This was it! Logan and I are going to adopt a child together! I know it might be a long process but it'll all be worth it in the end, I know it will. "Aww Logan what if we get a little girl!? What if we get a boy?! Can we get both?! Ooh can we adopt a whole bunch? Pleaaase?" Logan just laughs and pulls me into another kiss, this one lasting a little longer than the last one. "I love you Patton."

The smile and giggle escape me without me minding much, "I love you too Logan." I couldn't be more excited than I am right now. I think on our wedding day I was like I am now, a huge mix of nervousness and excitement but the excitement overrules the nerves by a long shot.
........ ......... .......... ........ ......... .......
Hope you enjoyed!!💙
Good? Bad? Needs work? Let me know!