Paint

Logan'sPOV:
"Logan that isn't even a nice colour."
"It's not supposed to be nice Patton, why are we doing this again?"
"Because I want to redecorate the guest room since the other one is becoming a bedroom."

I sigh before holding up another paint colour, "We might as well get paint for the bedroom, but something gender neutral."
Patton nods still holding onto the guest room colour samples, pale blues, some light browns but now he was moving towards the darker shades.

I was busy looking at some red shades when Patton calls me over, "Logan! What do you think of this one?" He shoves a plum looking sample in my face with the biggest of smiles.

"It's technically gender neutral and such a pretty shade!"
"I like it Pat, we can add some white accents to even it out."
"Yaaaaay!! I'll go get the cans right now and we can paint when we get home!"
"Pat wa-and you're gone."

I chuckle at my husband's enthusiasm and go about getting brushes, rollers, tape and anything else we need in order to paint the rooms.

We only have two more days to prepare for our new addition. Patton couldn't be happier, I'm happy but still nervous.

I suppose painting should distract me from my nervous thinking. Patton will make sure of that judging by how many cans of paint he's buying at the moment.

¬¬¬¬time skip¬¬¬¬
"Alright Patton you start that wall and I'll do this one."

Patton smiles and nods going to paint his wall. I smile after him and start to paint mine.

We decided to paint our soon to be child's bedroom first so it could be done the fastest. Also we couldn't wait to see how the purple looked on the walls.

After taping the edges, moving furniture out and laying out a tarp we set to work. I got about half my wall painted when I felt something splatter on me, making me jump in surprise.

The giggling I heard gave it away as to who did it. The purple now littering my right side, face and all, was put there by none other than my darling husband who is about to receive some well deserved pay-back.

"Patton my dear?"
"Yes Logan my love?"
I smirk grabbing a paint roller, "I love you." I roll a streak of paint down his back making him squeak in surprise.

"Logan!!" I receive a paint brush to the face after that, covering my glasses as well. I laugh as he tries running to the other side of the room, armed with a paint brush and a smile.

"Oh my dear Patton, you should know by now that I do not lose." Chasing after him with my roller, I try marking him again.

"And you should know Logan my love, I'm the only one you've ever lost to." He giggles as I catch his arm getting paint on it.

Patton gets my neck while I get his face this time, and pretty soon we're both covered in paint still chasing each other around the room.

I manage to catch Patton around the waist, causing him to squeal and giggle. Pulling him close I am sure to rub paint all over him.

"Logan! Haha that's enough I'm too purple!!" He continues to giggle and squirm, making me laugh along with him.

"You seem to need a bit more here." I pull him into a kiss before he could question what I mean, Patton returning it and wrapping his arms around my neck.

I hold him by his hips now as we continue to kiss, getting somewhat carried away. Let's just say we took a very long break before we got back to painting.

........ ......... ....... ........ ......
Hope you enjoyed!!💙