Pinky Promise

Logan'sPOV:
This woman is going to give me a migraine. 

She just keeps talking. I have tuned her out as I signed the proper paperwork, now, however, I have given her the impression to keep going.

I need Patton.

"Excuse me, but it's my husband's turn to sign everything."

"Oh- of course! I'll wait here for him."

I rush back to Patton and Virgil as fast as I could hoping to get as far away from that woman as possible.

I find them both still on the floor and smiling. Getting a smile of my own I sit down next to Patton again.

"It's your turn to sign everything dear."

"Okay!! Verge, tell Logan a bit about yourself okay kiddo? And about that thing, we talked about."

With a grin, Patton leaves me with Virgil. I turn to him and he looks up at me, both of us staring at each other for a solid minute.

"So, Virgil...what, um, what do you like to do?"

"......I colour."

"Ah, that is...nice."

Great. My first time alone with my new son and I've screwed it up. Okay, think. What would Patton do?

Talk loudly, make puns, say kiddo and sweetie a million times. Come on Logan, you can do this!

"Uh, Virgil?"

"Yes, Papa?"

There goes my heart. I feel my brain go blank as a grin makes its way onto my face.

"You chose Papa for me?"

Virgil nods and hugs his stuffed cat closer. Moving his little bangs out of his face, he looks up at me.

"Pat-Dad said you wouldn't mind. You wike it?"

"Yes, darling I love it."

He lets out the cutest of giggles before he hands me the book from earlier. Virgil moves closer to me and sits the stuffed cat next to him.

"Can you wead to us?"

I grin down at him and start reading what seems to be Winnie the Pooh. Throughout the story, my smile stays on my face and Virgil gets one as well. 

After that, we read a few more books before Patton comes back with a lady in tow. I believe she is our social worker, I can't remember her name for the life of me.

"Lo! Virgil is all set! We just have to pass our home check and he can come home with us tomorrow!"

"That's wonderful Pat!"

I turn to Virgil who seems a bit sad. I try to reach out to him but he moves away.

"Verge? What's the matter?"

"You weaving.."

Patton and I share a look, realizing that he thinks we're leaving and not coming back. Patton kneels down with me and holds my hand.

"No Virgil, you have it all wrong kiddo."

"Precisely, we are leaving yes, but we are coming back tomorrow. We have to make sure our house is good enough for you to live there with us."

"B-But I wanna wive there now!"

Virgil is close to tears at this point, hugging his cat tightly.

Patton and I couldn't help ourselves anymore, we both scooped him into a hug. Virgil wasn't crying but he was sniffling and snuggling into us.

"We'll be back kiddo, we promise. We'll come back and take you home to see your new room and we'll even go shopping for stuff you like."

"I'll even take you to pick out some books for your room. Doesn't that sound pleasant?" 

Virgil nods against our shoulders, loosening his hold on us. He doesn't pull away completely but just enough to look up at us. 

"Pinky pwomise you'll come back?"

Virgil holds up both his pinkies to us, the look in his eyes that broke our hearts. Patton and I intertwine our pinkies with his and nod.

"We promise Virgil."

Virgil smiles at us before cuddling up to us again, making it harder to pull away and leave for our home check.

Back in the car, Patton doesn't let go of my hand the whole way home. It was hard on both of us, leaving Virgil, but we are hanging onto what we told him.

We'll be back tomorrow, we pinky promised.
....... ....... ....... ........  .......
Hope you enjoyed💙