Shopping pt.2

Logan'sPOV:
"Patton, I'm more than certain Virgil doesn't need a shirt that says 'Me-Wow' with a cat."

"But Logaaaaaan!"

I roll my eyes at my husband's antics and put the shirt back. We've only been at the mall for about an hour now and Patton wants everything.

Virgil is just enjoying riding around on my shoulders while pulling at my hair. So far we've gotten him more clothes than Patton and I have combined, many shoes that probably won't fit him in a few months when he grows, and lots of toys and things for his room.

"Have you decided on where to eat dear?"

"I just want to sit down Lo. My feet are achillies me."

"....was that a play on Achilles heel?"

Virgil just giggled and decided to yank my hair some more. I rolled my eyes and found a table in the food court to sit at after disposing of all our bags on top of it.

Patton grabs Virgil and sets him on his lap, much to Virgil's delight.

"Papa? Daddy?"

"Yes Virge?" "Yes honey?"

"Hungry!!"

We both chuckle and scan the food court for something he might enjoy. There's a few places that have kid's meals but Patton and I dislike heavily processed food(*coughcoughMcDonald'scoughcough*). I spot a Subway and deduce that that is probably the best option. Turning to tell Patton, he takes the words right out of my mouth.

"Lo, how about Subway? Healthy and he'll be sure to get full!"

"I was just thinking that Pat."

He grins at me before standing up and taking hold of Virgil's hand.

"I'll go order what we usually get and let V pick out what he wants."

I nod and stay with our mountain of bags. Stretching my arms a bit I keep a subtle eye on Patton and Virgil, not because I don't trust Patton or anything. I've always been quite protective of Patton which has also come to include Virgil naturally.

Plus, having an eye on them eases my anxieties and silences my cognitive distortions. They also are undeniably adorable, especially together.

Virgil rushes back to the table with his little arms filled with out food since he wanted to carry it "like a big boy" and Patton couldn't say no. I'm glad he didn't however, because that smile on Virgil's face is tied with Patton's best smile.

"Look Papa! I did it!"

"Yes you did Virge. Good job."

I ruffle his hair and sit him in his own chair so we could eat. He babbles on in between bites and plays with the little toy. Patton and I have matching smiles seeing Virgil so relaxed and just enjoying everything.

Maybe shopping isn't that bad. It is still bad but it has its perks.
....... ........ ...... ....... ...... ...... ...... .....
Hope you enjoyed!💙
Woo! Two chapter updates in one day!! Go me!!
If you would be so kind as to check out my other books I'd appreciate it tremendously!