One more day

Logan'sPOV:
I couldn't sleep.

Sleep is something I can just not do right now.

I sigh and get out of bed, being careful not to wake Patton, and head to the kitchen.

I'm not even sure what I'm doing in the kitchen but I'm here. Thinking over everything.

We're getting our child tomorrow. Patton and I are getting our child tomorrow. We're going to have a child tomorrow.

I lean against the counter with a sigh, debating whether or not to eat or drink something.

I didn't have to think long as Patton walked into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes under his glasses and yawning.

"Lo? Why aren't you in bed?"

"I couldn't sleep Patton....I am..feeling a lot right now and maybe over thinking everything."

Patton smiles at me before getting the kettle out of the cabinet and filling it with water. I can't help but smile at how well he knows me.

"Tea honey?"

"Yes dear."

Maybe I do think over situations a little too much. I do tend to always find the most logical outcome of everything, but that also causes me high levels of anxiety which isn't ideal.

My thinking gets interrupted by Patton setting down a cup of tea in front of me, the smell of Earl Grey making its way in my nose.

Patton sits across from me with his own cup in front of him. He sends me a smile before taking a sip, the steam fogging up his glasses.

That's always our problem. We both love hot tea but since we both can't see without our glasses they always get fogged up.

"Wow Lo, it's getting pretty steamy in here."

I laughed louder than I'll ever admit and Patton let out a few giggles.

Yes maybe I do over think but at least I have Patton to ease my racing thoughts.

"You think they'll like us?"

The question broke a comfortable silence and held so much emotion, I was surprised it had come from Patton. I saw some doubt in his eyes and felt the need to make it go away, immediately.

"Patton, any child to have you as a father is the luckiest in the world. You are sweet, caring understanding, you've been taking care of me since high school so you're more than equipped. Our child is going to love us just as much as we will love them."

Patton's eyes watered a bit and he got up from his seat, making his way over to mine.

I pull him into my lap and he snuggles into my shoulder with his arms around me. I hold him around the waist and I hear him mumble something.

"What was that darling?"

"I said thank you, I love you."

I smile and kiss his head, "I love you too."

.......... .......... ........... ......... .........
Hope you enjoyed💙
These are getting longer and I am happy with them.