Settling In

(Note: That song^is really good)
Logan'sPOV:
"Patton you just push the button."

"I'm pushing it Logan."

"Let me-why isn't this working?"

"Is he stuck?!?!?!"

"No he isn't-oh my-this inferior contraption!!......It pinched me!!"

Patton and I turn away from the buckles to look at a giggling Virgil. He seemed to be enjoying our constant struggles with his car seat.

"Aww Lo! Isn't he just the cutest little baby? Really buckling down on his humour huh?"

"Patton...."

That joke just sent Virgil into another fit of giggles and my smile didn't help in subduing them.

"This thing will take some getting used to but I assure you, we'll get better with practice."

After another two minutes we finally get Virgil out of the car seat and standing in front of our house.

Virgil has a hold on my ring finger and another on Patton's pant leg, looking at our house like it's a castle.

"Virgil, this is your new home!"

Patton smiles down at him and we start leading him inside. It took everything in me not to aww at his little toddle nor his wide and curious eyes. We settled in the living room so he could see the corner Patton and I worked on.

We had purchased some toddler toys not too long ago in the case that we did pick a toddler. I had also found a soft black rug and two little blue pillows while shopping.

All in all, it was a nice little play area for Virgil and he seemed to enjoy it. He even placed his cat next to the pillows.

After letting him play for a bit we decided to show him the rest of the house, which included his room.

"Verge, honey, are you ready to see the rest of the house?"

Virgil grabbed his cat once again and held his arms out to Patton signaling he wanted to be carried. Patton was happy to do so and we took him all around the house, showing him where everything was and what not to touch (outlets, things in the kitchen, etc.).

"This is our room, Virgil. We're right across the hall from you if you need anything at any time."

Virgil looked around confused before turning towards me.

"Where I sweep?"

"You have your own room kiddo! Isn't that neat?"

Virgil didn't seem to agree with Patton so I took him into my arms and brought him across the hall to the purple room. Patton left us to go grab his things from the living room.

I sit in the rocking chair we bought with Virgil in my lap and facing the room.

"This is your room, Virgil. You'll sleep here, play here and do all kinds of things. You'll put your clothes in there, and your toys over there. We wanted to wait for you to come with us to buy those things so they're empty right now."

Virgil was looking around at the purple walls, white carpet, grey toy chest and just all around as I pointed to everything when I spoke. I waited for a response for a solid minute and was beginning to get nervous he wouldn't like it before he spoke.

"I sweep here? This mine?"

"Yes, you sleep here and this is all yours Verge."

"I wike it."

I smile and set him down so he can toddle around the room. Patton comes into the room with his bag and starts putting what little clothing he had inside a white dresser we painted when we did the room.

Tomorrow we would go shopping for more clothes and toys. Tomorrow we would help Virgil get more acquainted with the house and maybe even the neighborhood.

The thought alone brings a smile to my face. I can tell by the look Patton gives me that he is thinking the same.

Today, he seems to be settling in just fine.
... ..... ...... ..... ........ ........  ...........
Hope you enjoyed!💙
Sorry for the late update. I'm doing my best I swear.
I'm getting one-shots done, writing this, and thinking about making another book.
I love you all!!❤💘💛💚💙💜