Playtime!

Patton'sPOV:
When we all get back home, Logan and I organize everything we bought while Virgil plays on the floor.

I'm taking care of all his hanging clothes while Logan folds the ones that go in the drawer. Virgil seeming to have taken an interest in a dinosaur and a Barbie he just had to have (probably the purple dress), remains in the center of his fuzzy carpet.

He ended up picking a lot of dark colours for his room which surprised us. Most kids would want bright blues and yellows, but our little storm cloud preferred deep purple and black. We did have to compromise on a few things so his room wouldn't be a black hole.

Those fairy lights for one are white and not purple like Virgil wanted. The bedside table lap is grey, and his curtains have spider webs on them. Why he wanted those I'll never know, but he dug in a discount bin for them so we couldn't say no.

"Honey? I've finished with Virgil's clothes, what about you?"

I turn to grin at Logan, "All done! What should we do now Lo?"

"Daddy, Papa play!"

I smile and join Virgil on the floor while Logan grabs a car from the bedside table before doing the same. Virgil looked to happy when he handed me the little dino I just about died!

We play with Virgil and he just has the biggest smile I've ever seen on him. Logan too! Awww, my grumpy boys! If only I had my camera! Maybe I can sneak out and grab it?

"Daddy, you not usin' the dino right!!"

Apparently, while I was planning my great escape for the camera I had stopped moving the dinosaur. Leaving Virgil's Barbie unguarded and forced to face the wrath of my husband and a small toy car. I shoot him a grin before returning to guarding.

"Sorry kiddo! Just thinking about how cool your new room is!"

"I like room!"

I smile at him then at Logan, which gets me two in return. Virgil gets up and toddles over to his toy box and rummages through it, sticking half his body inside it.

"Whatcha looking for there Kiddo?"

All I get is a muffled response and a snort from Logan. I bump my dinosaur against his glasses while we let Virgil continue on his toy search. Pretty soon he just starts taking some out in order to find whatever he needs, denying help when offered.

We finally here an 'Ah ha!' and his little cat is flung out. I make sure to grab it and properly sit it down and wait for Virge to get out of the toy box. Logan frowns at how he just stays there and I ask if he's alright.

"Papa! Daddy! I stuck!"

Oh boy, looks like playtime is going to have to wait for now.
..... ....... ....... ....... ...... ........
Hope you enjoyed!💙
Not my best one I'm sorry!
Check out my other books if ya want!
Love you!!