Could've Just Asked

The mornings are always a dreadful time. Gloomy and cold. Your body craves the warmth of the bed, the blanket. Desperate to get those extra 5 minutes in the morning. Skipping breakfast, wearing the same clothes every morning, cold coffee, and unwashed hair. Magnus and Alec are quite the opposite. The mornings are always the most romantic times of their days. 

Alec and Magnus awake in each other's arms. Right where they belong. Magnus is always the first one awake. He lays in Alec's strong arms and hears his boyfriends soft and cute snores, he's constantly in denial about. It's a melody to his ears. He smiles at the sight of his boyfriend so blissful. He could stay like that forever. 

Alec loves staying over at Magnus'. He never can sleep at the institute anymore. He misses Magnus' warmth and his sheets. Alec loves the scent of Magnus' pillows. They smell like Magnus. Alec then knows that on that bed, on that pillow, he's safe and with Magnus. Where he wants to be all of the time. Alec takes any excuse to come see Magnus. Most nights, Alec dismisses everyone and makes sure everything is secure and Izzy, Jace or Clary won't set the place on fire and makes his way to Magnus' loft. He just walks in and it's always open for him. 

Magnus loves when Alec comes to stay the night. He misses his soft and tan body with his. He loves the same shirt and pants he wears to bed every night. Magnus just wants to cuddle with Alec all the time. The way Alec brings such a presence to his home. Alec walks in and Magnus smiles. He knows when Alec is here. He leaves the door open and he makes sure that Alec comes in. No matter where Magnus is, he will always come to greet his shadowhunter.  Whenever Alec isn't here, Magnus makes himself a martini and lays in Alec's shirt and his silk robe. He loves Alec's scent. It's so refreshing. Such a fragrance brings Magnus to cloud nine. 

Magnus was rubbing Alec's arm when Alec's eyes fluttered open. Alec whispered softly, "Morning ," and Magnus just smiles. Magnus turns around and gives Alec a kiss on the head. "Good Morning, my love." Magnus says as he smiles. Magnus gets up and puts on his silk robe. The robe brings warmth to his exposed upper body. Magnus makes his way to the kitchen and the sun hits him right on his chest making him beam. "You're my ray of sunshine, see even the sun agrees." Alec said walking into the kitchen, giving Magnus a kiss. "Morning breath, ew" Magnus said chuckling and pulling away. Alec scrunched his nose and said "You're right, I feel gross, I'm going to take a shower, can I use yours?" Magnus was taken by surprise. Alec had never asked to use anything of Magnus'. Magnus always offered, but Alec never asked for anything he wanted or needed. This made him smile, "Of course, Alexander." he finally spoke. Magnus finally felt as if Alec was getting more comfortable and this was slowly becoming his home too.

Alec went to the shower and he saw Magnus' shampoo. "Sandalwood, hmm." he mumbled. He used it. He was amazed as to what the shampoo could do. The institute had some nasty and very basic brand of shampoo compared to this one. Isabelle and Jace always went and bought their own shampoo, but Alec had never bothered to. Alec finished his shower and he felt his hair. His hair never felt this soft nor smelt this good ever. "So this is what good shampoo can do." he mumbled quietly to himself. He grabbed his t-shirt and started to pull it on. As he was putting the shirt on, he felt a tug on his shirt. Someone or something was pulling his shirt up. The shirt was being pulled ups he tried to tug it back down, but it would not budge at all. He constantly tried to tug it down and finally it came down and he made his way out of the washroom. Alec threw the towel over his shoulders and went to Magnus who was sitting on his armchair staring off into the sunset. He noticed that the bed was made and Magnus looked quite confused. 

"Your shampoo is amazing! Where do you get it?" Alec started. Magnus just smiled and put cupped Alec's face whilst rubbing his thumb on Alec's cheek, " I brew it, dear." Magnus said. Alec chuckled, "Well, um,if it's not too much trouble, could you um brew me a bottle too?" Alec asked shyly. Magnus gave him a look. " Only if you have time and if you can!" Alec said quickly as he felt the blood rushing to his cheeks making him look like a bright red tomato. Magnus just chuckled, "Of course!" he said. Alec felt himself being able to exhale. 

Alec went back into the washroom to finish getting ready. When he came out, he saw that Lorenzo had paid them a visit. Magnus seemed to look worried and Lorenzo mentioned something about Asmodeus. Alec was startled as he had node that Magnus knew of such a Greater Demon. Lorenzo finally left and Magnus stood there speechless. Alec made his way to Magnus and finally asked him, "Why would Lorenzo accuse you of working with a greater demon?" Magnus sighed and he explained how Asmodeus was his father. Alec seemed startled. This was exactly what Magnus had feared. Instead, Alec came and gave him a hug. Magnus felt relieved and he knew Alec would accept him no matter what. 

As they pulled away, Alec ran to grab his jacket whilst saying "I have to get to the institute! I'm so sorry!" Magnus laughed, "Go do your job, Mr. Lightwood. Of course the institute can't run without the head of it. I'm not going anywhere." Alec came and kissed Magnus goodbye and headed out the door. 

Seconds after Alec had left, Magnus rang Alec's phone. "Hey Magnus! Something wrong?" Alec said. "Actually there is." Magnus started. "I'll be right there." Alec said hanging up. he finally arrived at Magnus' place. "What happened?" he said panting. "You forgot something." Magnus said. "What did I forget? I mean I kissed you goodbye right? Or I didn't?" and with that, Alec kissed Magnus again. "Not that I do not enjoy your kisses, Alexander, you forgot your bow and quiver." Magnus said smiling. "Whoops!" Alec started and headed out the door. "Oh and Magnus?" Alec said popping back in, Magnus looked up "mhmm?" "If you wanted me to take y shirt off, you could've just asked. I love you!" Alec said winking and he finally left. What Alec did not know was that Magnus was smiling and blushing like crazy after he left, "I do not know why but, I love you too." he whispered to himself.