Coffee Shop AU

Quick Author's Note: Hey! Just wanted to say that this is an AU so it's in an alternate universe where Magnus and Alec are human :)) 

November sucks. Cold. Nothing exciting. A cold breeze had passed Alec this morning and he despised the cold. He pulled his scarf and shoved his hands into his pockets whilst walking into a coffee shop. 'Brooklyn sucks' he thought. 

Alec had just moved from Atlanta to New York. Atlanta was warm and there weren't that many people. New York was way too crowded and cold. His siblings, Isabelle and Jace had no trouble fitting in. They love New York. Ever since they were kids, all Jace and Izzy would talk about was moving to New York when they were older. Izzy and Jace were a year younger than Alec and Alec was a second year in college. He attended NYU in the writing program. 

'The Cape' the sign of the coffee shop said. This was the closest cafe to campus. Alec lived in an apartment with Jace and Izzy, who attended Columbia, and the apartment was between the two  schools so none of them lived on campus. Alec walked in shivering and he took off his backpack on a table to signal that this was his table. He got in line and he saw the most beautiful barista. He was slightly tan and had these cat like eyes that Alec could get lost in. He was mesmerized. "Good morning! What can I get you?" the barista said cheerfully, "Um c-can I g-get a b-black c-coffee? L-large." Alec said stuttering. Why was he struggling to make his words. This had never happened before. 

The barista just smiled and said, "Of course! That'll be $4.75." the barista replied punching in his order. Alec pulled some loose change out of his pocket and handed it to the barista. Their hands had met. Even if it was just for a millisecond, Alec could feel the barista's warmth. His cold hands felt so numb in the barista's warm hand. "Woah! You're so cold! Also, can I get your name?" The barista said. "Alec." Alec said as he took back his hand and rubbed it on the back of his head. He read the barista's name tag finally. 'Magnus' he thought. 'Wow, even his name is perfect.' Alec thought. 

Alec got out of line and waited at the side for his order. His order came fairly quickly and he saw that there was a number beside his name. '1-800-945-8963' there was a note beside the number too 'Call me ;)' Alec was so startled, he almost dropped his coffee. He did not, thank the angel and he made his way back to his seat. 

He took his laptop and notebooks out of his backpack and started to draft a new piece. He needed a character. Some character. Any character. He came up with a character. Female. 16. Brown hair. 5'5. Adopted. 'Ugh' he thought. 'why can't I be more creative, I may as well call Suzanne Collins and tell her I found her next Katniss Everdeen.' then, it came to him as he was drinking his coffee, Magnus. Perfect. He smiled as he was writing.

 Alec picked up his phone and saw 8 missed calls from Izzy and Jace. He packed up all his things and grabbed his coffee and ran home. When he was home, before throwing away the cup, he saved the number in his phone and then threw away the cup. "Izzy! Jace! I'm home!" Alec called out. When Alec walked into his room, there were two very special people there. "Mom! Max!" Alec said with a smile. He went a greeted them both and took them out into the living room where he had brought his mom some water and his younger brother some juice, where Jace and Izzy joined them.

"So, Alec, I'm staying for a couple days, so, I'm going to use Izzy's room!" Alec's mom called out. 'Yikes,' he thought. Izzy eyed him. He knew that Izzy would not be very comfortable with their mother staying in her room, so before his mom could make her way to Izzy's room, Alec said, "Mom! Why don't you and Max stay in my room? I have a bigger bed and my closet has room for your clothes, unlike Izzy's room." his mom walked back and smiled, "Why thank you, Alec. That's very generous." his mom smiled. Izzy smiled at him and he smiled back. 

He borrowed a blanket and pillow from Jace's room and he made his way to the sofa. Alec decided to pick up the phone and call Magnus. 'Should I do it? Should I not? Would it be too desperate? Well, I mean he did tell me to call him. But, is that coming off too strong? Maybe I'll text him. Yeah! I will text him.' he thought. He very quickly typed the message, "Hey!" and sent it before he could have any second thoughts. "It's Alec," he also added.

Magnus' response came fairly quickly. "Hey! Ah yes the hazel eyed masterpiece." Alec blushed. His response was, " Do you wanna go out sometime?" "I'd love to." Magnus responded. They talked about a whole lot of things that night. Alec's school, Magnus' school and their lives. Alec could feel his heart pumping faster and faster every time he was waiting for a reply. He knew what he had to do. 

The next day, Alec stumbled into the washroom and saw that everyone was asleep. He made himself a bowl of cereal and started to make coffee, but then he remembered about Magnus. Alec left a note saying 'Gotta go to class! Love you all! See you later. - Alec' and grabbed his jacket and backpack and left the house. He quickly walked into the coffee shop, as it was freezing. He saw Magnus right there. He did not even have to get Magnus' attention. Magnus saw him and waved. Alec went up to him and left him a note, 'Meet me around back.' Magnus saw the note and made his way outside, telling his manager that he was going on a bathroom break. In the middle of the alleyway, stood Alec. Magnus approached Alec and before Magnus could say anything, Alec grabbed Magnus' face and pulled him into a kiss. The kiss was sweet. It was long. But, it was just a kiss. Nothing more. As they pulled away, Alec shivered. "Want some coffee?" Magnus asked Alec, Alec just smiled and nodded. 

Another Author's Note: yikes, this one is weird and kind of rushed but ufiufoehfofhf I may change it and make it a mini series. Byee!