Three Special Words

Magnus and Alec have been dating for about 4 months. The two were happy. Not just happy. They were jubilant. They were living their best lives. There was nothing that could make this better. Alec and Magnus were two fully fledged adults. They both had their own places and had their own jobs. Magnus was an Interior Designer and Alec was a Writer. 

Alec was as you would say, "struggling artist," he had major writer's block and he always was very closed off. Until he met Magnus. Inspiration had struck him like lightning. He was making tremendous improvements to his work and he was always cooking up something new. Magnus had seen little pieces of Alec's work. He was constantly astounded at the ideas and the topics Alec would write about. He adored his work. Not because he was his boyfriend, but because he actually was constantly surprised by the thoughtfulness and the flow of the writing. How you could feel every emotion and how he somehow found a way to touch anyone's soul. 

Alec had been working on a secret project. He had found a publisher, for his book! No one knew about this. Not even Magnus. Magnus would obviously be in full support. What Magnus did not know, was that Alec was planning something for him. Every time Alec had sent a piece of his writing  to Magnus, the first letter of each word was bolded and capitalized. He had sent Magnus 7 letters in total. Magnus was about to receive the last one today. Where Alec would reveal what he was trying to communicate. The first letter of each piece, in order were all a statement. Put together, they communicated a message. Alec was going to tell Magnus, "I love you" for the first time. 

Magnus had kept all of the pieces that Alec had given him to read. Well, he had asked for them. They were all kept safe in his bedside table. He would get a new piece every week. Though Alec had said that he would stop after 8 pieces. He was going to receive the 8th one today. Magnus had received a text from Alec.

Alec: Hey Mags! You still coming over tonight?

Magnus: Yes, my darling Alexander. 

Alec: Great! Um, could you bring the chapters that I gave to you previously, all 7 of them?

Magnus: Yes, of course! Am I still getting the 8th one today? Because if I don't I may as well kill someone. 

Alec: Yes, you will get the 8th one today. I'll see you tonight! 

Magnus: Looking forward to it.

Alec smiled and closed his phone. He was going to say those special words to Magnus, finally. He was both excited and nervous. Alec had never been in a relationship before. He was always busy and never had the time. He was also not out. So, that always stopped him. But, with Magnus, it was different. He could be whoever he wanted, whenever he wanted. 

Magnus got in the car to got to Alec's place. Magnus placed the other pieces that Alec had given him into the passenger seat and he put on his seatbelt, turned on the car and was on his way. He was so excited to be able to see what Alec had planned for him and to finally read that piece. He had been waiting a week. It was killing him. 

He approached Alec's apartment and rung the doorbell. Alec opened the door and he greeted Magnus, "Hey, Mags!" he said as Magnus was walking in and Alec pecked him on the lips. "Here are the previous chapters you told me to bring along. Why do you need them, dear?" Magnus asked curiously as he handed the chapters to Alec. Alec laid out all 7 of the chapters he had given Magnus, so you could see the first letter on each page. Alec bought out the last chapter and Magnus walked over curious as to what was happening. Then, he saw it. What the words were spelling. He was left speechless as Alec came and placed down the last chapter. 

There was a silence. A long and awkward pause. Alec assumed that Magnus did not feel the same way. Alec turned away and started to walk away. "I'm so sorry, Magnus, I did not know what to do and if you do not feel the same way, it's okay but, I just needed you to know." Alec was rambling. Magnus walked over to Alec. Alec turned away so Magnus could not see his face. Magnus grabbed Alec's hand and he cupped Alec's face to move it to where he could see it, "I love you too." he said softly as ever. 

Alec's face lit up like a new lightbulb. Alec smiled as brightly as the stars in the night sky. Alec grabbed Magnus by the face and pulled him in. The way Alec was pulling him in, it was like the kiss was going to be hard and hungry. But this kiss was sweet. Alec brushed his lips over Magnus' and it was a sweet kiss. Innocent. A kiss you give someone right after you tell them you love them. "That was the perfect way. You continue to surprise me, Alexander Lightwood." Magnus said in a soothing voice, "In good ways, I hope." Alec said smiling. 

"I made dinner." Alec whispered. Magnus clapped and jumped up and down, "Let's eat!" he said. As Magnus made his way to the table, Alec left into the kitchen and Magnus saw a gift. It was rectangular and as Magnus picked it up, there was a note attached, "For my love." Magnus smiled and tore open the wrapping paper. Inside was a book. Magnus saw the cover, "By: Alexander Lightwood" Magnus ran into the kitchen and hugged Alec from behind, taking him by surprise as Alec was taking the lasagna from the oven. "I'm so proud of you!" Magnus said. Alec smiled. He took the lasagna out and the two made their way to the table. 

"Read the front page." Alec said as he blushed. Magnus did as told and to his surprise, it had dedications, it read, 'Dedicated to Magnus Bane, my first love, who gave me inspiration to write again' Magnus blushed too. He got up and kissed Alec's forehead. "I love you, Alexander Lightwood." Magnus said, "And I love you, Magnus Bane." Alec replied. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HEY YALL I FINALLY GAVE YOU GUYS A ONESHOT ON THE DAY I PROMISED LOOOOLL NEW HIGH SCHOOL CHAPTER TOMORROW! HAVE A MEMORABLE DAY ANGELS. I APPRECIATE YOU ALL MORE THAN YOU KNOW 

sincerely, 

your local trash can :)