Babysitting

Alec and Magnus, were your usual couple. They enjoyed the little things and they had been together for quite some time. They enjoyed each other's company and could not get enough of each other. Clary and Jace, were quite similar too. But, they had a slight issue. They had a lovely daughter named Jocelyn, after Clary's late mother. Balancing work and family and time for each other was the struggle for Clary and Jace. Ever since Jocelyn was born, they rarely had time for each other. They worked during the day and took care of Jocelyn all night. Magnus and Alec felt for them. 

"Why do Clary and Jace always make such a fuss about Jocelyn, she's an angel." Alec said. Magnus chucked and messed up Alec's hair. 

"Well, darling, you've clearly never dealt with kids." Magnus laughed. Alec shot him a look. 

"Not true," he scowled, "I dealt with Max." 

"Yeah, and you left three days after he was born with Izzy and Jace to New York from Alicante." Magnus laughed. 

"Well, Jace and Clary deserve some time off from Jocelyn and work. I'm texting them and telling them that we can take care of Jocelyn and they can enjoy their Sunday." Alec said, pulling out his phone. Magnus smiled. He loved how much Alec was concerned for Clary and Jace. 

Alec: Hey, Jace, why don't you leave Jocelyn over at our house and you and Clary can take enjoy your Sunday? 

Jace replied almost immediately. 

Jace: Really? You'd do that? Thanks, buddy! I really need this. 

Alec: I know, that's why I offered and of course, just leave her and her stuff here tomorrow morning.

Jace: Thank you so much!

Alec smiled. He knew how difficult it had been for Jace and Clary and now they can finally rest. Alec looked at Magnus who was smiling.

"What?" Alec asked, breaking into laughter. 

"I admire your concern." Magnus said. 

"Yeah, well, kids are nothing. We can take care of Jocelyn no problem." Alec winked at Magnus as he got up and made his way to the washroom. 

"We'll see about that." Magnus whispered, so Alec could not hear. The two spent the entire rest of the day, preparing for Jocelyn's visit. Magnus and Alec found a bunch of Max's old toys that he had grown out of. Magnus found some recipes that kids would like and Alec looked for kids channels. It was coming along perfectly. Alec was so excited. He had always wanted to take care of kids, just to see how he is like with them. Magnus found it adorable that Alec was so excited and was actually putting care and thought into this.

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Magnus! I think Jace is here! Do you have everything ready?" Alec yelled, whilst walking to answer the door. 

"Everything is in place." Magnus replied in a softer voice. Alec opened the door and saw a very tired Jace. 

"Hey buddy!" Jace said pulling Alec into a hug. "Thank you so much for this, I need to sleep!" Alec returned the embrace and patted Jace's back. 

Jace pulled away and gave Jocelyn a kiss on her forehead, "I love you, honey. Daddy'll be back tonight to pick you up. You be on your best behaviour for uncle Alec and uncle Magnus." Jace said. Jocelyn nodded and entered the loft. 

"Thank Magnus for me too, I'll see you later, I have an appointment with my pillow and bed." Jace said running off. 

"Will do." Alec said, just fast enough so Jace could hear. 

Ale turned around to see that Magnus was already playing with Jocelyn. Magnus had a stuffed bear in his hands and was moving it's arms and legs, and making a voice to make it seem alive. Alec smiled. He knew Magnus had a soft spot for children and it really was the sweetest thing ever.