3. Stay

Alec sat in peace while Magnus ate the pizza him and Jace were arguing over. Alec watched Magnus eat the pizza. Both in awe and in envy. He was in awe of the sheer grace and elegance Magnus had whilst eating a pizza and he was envious because he wanted that pizza.

*THREE MONTHS LATER*

Classes had begun and they were welling the semester. Magnus and Alec were frantically busy all of the time and hadn't really gotten to know each other. Though, Alec's heart did beat faster whenever he saw Magnus and Magnus always forgot to breathe whenever he saw Alec. The two knew so little about each other, yet they were falling for each other.

Alec suddenly got a call. Alec jumped and Magnus snickered. Alec shot him a look and Alec frantically was looking for his phone. Alec and his phone were a very odd pairing. His phone was constantly getting lost and Alec was spending more than half his time looking for his phone. Magnus was laughing at Alec in the corner as Alec was scratching his hand and rumbling through his bags and pockets.

Alec finally found his phone. He had gotten many missed calls and they were all from the same person. His mother. Alec gulped and Magnus noticed how Alec suddenly got very tense and he rolled his shoulders.

Alec opened his phone and opened his mom's contact again. He nervously pressed on the contact and raised the phone up to his ear. The phone rang and the call went through.

"Hello, Alec." his mother said in her smooth voice.

"Hello, mother." Alec replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"How are you?" she asked, in a genuine tone.

"I'm well. How are dad and Max?" Alec asked.

"All is well. Aren't you going to ask about Isabelle?" his mom asked.

"I spoke to her this morning, Mother." Alec said.

"Oh, well I am glad to see you and Isabelle are still in contact." his mother said, sounding disappointed and betrayed.

Alec did not know what to say.

"Well, Alec, I assume you must be busy, so I will let you get back at it." maryse said.

"Okay, thank you, Mother." Alec said.

"Goodbye, Alexander." his Mother said to him.

Alec shivered. He seemed to have disapproved the way his mother called him, 'Alexander.' Alec wanted to make an announcement that Magnus and only Magnus could call him Alexander.

Alec exhaled a breath he did not even know he was holding in. Magnus looked at him, confused. He did not know that one could have such a formal relationship with their mother. It was as if they were talking as if they were emailing.

Magnus knew it was not his place to ask, but he was curious and something about Alec, constantly drew him in and wanted to know more. Wanted to do more.

"What was that all about?" Magnus asked, not looking up from his computer.

"What was what about?" Alec scoffed.

"The way you tensed up when your Mom called, the way you ended every sentence with, 'Mother' and the way you seemed to be very unbothered and unamused when your Mom called. You also seemed to have seemed to have a weight lifted off your shoulders when she hung up and you made a weird face when she did hang up, as if she had said something that made you uncomfortable or offended you." Magnus said, making eye contact with Alec.

Magnus was always observant. He had noticed certain tendencies and habits of people. It had been a key part in his writing. He had based many characters on people and their behaviours.

Alec looked uncomfortable. "My parents have always been proper and formal. We never spoke as if we were parent and child, we always were spoken to as if we were clients of our parents. They are conservative and always expect me to meet their standards and surpass them. It's nerve racking because you don't want to mess up." Alec said, relieving another breath.

Magnus got up and went over to Alec's bed. He sat there with Alec in silence as Alec fiddled with his fingers.

Magnus cleared his throat to eventually break the silence. "That may suck, but at least you know both of your parents." Magnus said, looking down.

Alec suddenly felt awful. he was complaining about his own life and did not realize that Magnus had it much worst. "What happened?" Alec whispered, moving in closer to Magnus.

"My father left my Mother and I after my second birthday." Magnus said, looking down. Alec felt obliged to comfort Magnus. Alec placed his hand on Magnus'. Magnus grabbed it.

"I've never told anyone that." Magnus whispered, "I never want anyone to see me like this. This completely ugly and hideous side of me and my past."

"Hey." Alec said as he placed finger on Magnus' chin to pull his face up to look him in the eye, "there is nothing ugly about you. You're beautiful."

The warmth of Alec's hand was comforting for all kinds of unspoken reasons. Magnus felt as if he had found someone who wanted him there. Who would not leave. Magnus had never told this to anyone. Yet he told Alec. He trusted Alec. He had a gut feeling that Alec would never hurt him and that Alec was different.

Alec stayed with Magnus. He held him on his arms and made sure he knew he was safe.

As soon as Magnus fell asleep, Alec made sure he was in a comfortable position and he was covered in his blanket. Alec smiled and as he was leaving, Magnus grabbed his hand and said, "Stay."

Magnus and Alec had barely known each other for a couple months, yet Magnus felt as if no one understood him like Alec did. No one could make him fell as safe as Alec did. No other arms would feel as strong and warm as his. As if there was no one else but Alec. Alec found out something he had never known about Magnus. Something Magnus only told a couple people. Though it was something completely heartbreaking and something that no one deserves. Alec found himself falling more for Magnus. He admired his strength and beauty. He admired how Magnus still seemed to stay as content and as normal as anyone.No one would have guessed that Magnus went through such a traumatic experience. All Alec wanted to do now was find out more about Magnus, to find more reasons to completely adore him.