Number

Author's Note: So, we all know that it is canon that Isabelle gave Magnus Alec's number in season 1. So, this is my take on what happened. This is mainly in Magnus' point of view and I haven't really experimented with the separate points of view, I always do third person. I think I have done it in the seven minutes one shot?? But, it's something I want to experiment with it. It may be a work in progress, so bear with me. Also, I tried to make myself sound like Magnus as much as possible, but he is such a unique and unpredictable character, so it is difficult. I tried my best to portray him and keep him as honest to himself as much as possible. I apologize in advance if you do not think I did the character justice. yikes I've been rambling. TO THE STORY ISH THINGAMABOB FHFOFWF I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO CALL THESE ANYMORE. BUT HEY YOU GUYS ARE THE COOLEST AND I AM IMMENSELY APPRECIATIVE OF ALL OF YOUR EXISTENCES AND NOW ACTUALLY TO THE STORY YIKES.

Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn. He was always a flamboyant, coy, flirty and free willing warlock. Always too busy in himself, took pride in his job and made a whole lot of money doing it. He always made sure of one thing though, never associate yourself with Shadowhunters. Wherever they were, trouble had followed. They always thought of themselves as the superior race. Ha, as if they were any match for Magnus. One flick of the wrist an all of them would be cowering on the floor begging for mercy. But, he had met a certain Shadowhunter that caught his eye. Magnus had closed his heart for almost a century and it had been because of awful heartbreak and mistrust from past lovers. Magnus had given up on love altogether. Until this Shadowhunter appeared.

Magnus first laid eyes on the gorgeous being at the Pandemonium club. Magnus knew from the first time he had seen him, that he had to be his. His raven hair was draped over his eyes. When Magnus saw those eyes peer out of his hair, he was mesmerized. Those hazel eyes were enchanting. Magnus was placed into a trance. Alas, the mere Shadowhunter had not even noticed Magnus.

Magnus POV

The two had crossed paths another time. The Shadowhunter had shown up at his house. There was an attack and the Clarissa girl had wanted her memories back. They had offered me something I couldn't possibly refuse. The ruby necklace. I had gifted it to my once great love, Camille Belcourt. For it is because of her I am afraid of love. She had scarred me and my faith in love had plummeted to places where you cannot reach.

The Shadowhunter had helped me defeat a Circle member who had killed my dear, Elias. The way he carried himself with his arrows was so suave. The boy lost all ability to function when I came near him. He stammered and could not make out words properly. His name was Alec. Short for Alexander, I presume. The Shadowhunters had helped save my lair. So, I thanked them by giving my dear ruby necklace to Isabelle Lightwood. I would have given it to Alec, but he did not seem like the necklace kind of guy. He did seem like a cologne guy over a flowers one too. I asked Isabelle to make sure.

The Shadowhunters had come for Clarissa's memories and I had given them to a Memory Demon. Oops. The only way to retrieve them was to summon the demon and exchange the memories of the ones you love the most for Clarissa's memories.

All of the Shadowhunters had agreed to the terms. Sheesh they must've been desperate. I asked pretty boy to get his team ready. Well, seems as if we have a Shadowhunter who is a little to obsessed with themselves. I said pretty boy and meant Alec. But, instead Alec had stepped back and Jace had stepped forward. I could not have been more direct. Alec had a certain beauty and elegance that Jace did not even come close to having. I saw Alec give a crooked smile when I pointed to him. It disappeared when Jace looked at him. Poor boy, is not even aware of his dashing good looks.

Clarissa drew as well as her mother praised her for. The lines and the colours were a perfect contrast. Perfect for summoning a demon. The Shadowhunters had all gathered around the summoning realm. It looked as if Michelangelo had drawn it himself. I had slept with him, by the way. I made it pretty obvious to Alec that I had done that. He looked confused when Jace looked at him. It was adorable. I had extended my arm to Alec. There was one crucial thing about this, we must never let go. Alec took my hand and I had felt my skin tingle. Unlike anything I have ever felt in my many years of being alive. The connection was made and now it could not be broken until the demon was gone. The other Shadowhunters grabbed each other's hands and once all of them were together, we had started the summoning.

Isabelle gave the memory of her beloved and stunning brother, Alec. Clarissa had given up a memory of her mother, who she was trying to retrieve from Valentine. Then, Jace's turn came. Nothing came out. It was empty. There was no memory of anyone. Strange. Alec's turn was next. He had given a memory of, none other than Jace Wayland. This was something new. I had suspected he was gay. Now I am sure. He had the hots for Jace Wayland. He was flustered and embarrassed. But, most of all, he was in denial. So much so, that he had broken the bond. The memory demon was escaping!

I had used my magic to contain it. It was strong. But not strong enough. I could not hold it for much longer. I could feel my strength straining. Isabelle and the lovely Alec were holding onto Jace. Pulling him back to make sure he does not get completely crushed by the demon. Then, I see off the corner of my eye, Clarissa grabbing seraph blade. I warn her, her memories will be lost forever. She clearly does not care and goes into kill the demon. Well, guess multiple people here are in love with Jace Wayland.

Everyone rushes to help Jace and I see Alec standing at the door, looking ashamed. I walk by him, "There's nothing to be ashamed of, Alec." he doesn't even look at me. I can see his face tense up. He looks as if he is going to explode. "I don't know what you're talking about." he says in a stern voice.

Him and I both now what I am talking about. Fairly well. He just does not want to acknowledge it. "You will." I say and sashay away.

The Shadowhunters had been preparing to leave. As they are walking out, I see Isabelle write something down on a piece of paper. I quickly go towards her, curious as to what she is writing. She notices me and smiles. She folds the paper twice and hands it to me.

"I figured he wouldn't give it to you and you haven't asked for it either." she sighs and winks at me. I am confused. I shove the paper in my fabulous coat.

The Shadowhunters finally leave and I shut the door behind me as they walk themselves out. I reach onto my pocket and open up the folded piece paper Isabelle had given to me. I see a bunch of numbers after I open the first fold and am extremely confused. I open the last fold and grin.

'Alec's number' Isabelle had given me her brother's number. Was it too obvious that I was into him?