3. Pre-Date Problems

Alec and Magnus were both preparing for their date in quite different ways. Magnus was having trouble finding the perfect restaurant for him and Alec. He searched and searched. Magnus had been on many dates, but this was different. This was with someone he asked out and had kissed before. He could still feel the taste of Alec lingering on his lips. If he could, he would have that feeling stay there forever. He missed the warmth and the feeling. He missed the way Alec's kiss made his body feel. The way his body warmed up and the way his senses were numbed, so all he could feel was Alec and Alec only. 

Alec, on the other hand could not be in a better mood. He had never believed in love at first sight, and this was not love, but it definitely was something. Something new. Something he had never felt before. His heart fluttered when he thought of Magnus and the date. He had wondered what kissing someone would be like his entire life. He had never kissed anyone. Every time a girl tried, Alec would run away. That's how he knew was gay. He was more turned on by a picture of Harry Styles, than getting a kiss from a girl. 

Alec never knew if anyone would ever like him, or make the effort to ever associate themselves with him. But, Magnus was different. He genuinely seemed intrigued about Alec. Alec never was the type to dress up or to worry about how he looked. Alec, today rummaged through his coset hoping to find something suitable to wear to this date. He had literally no clothes. He could not go out and buy some, he did not have the means to. He decided to do the next best thing, he called Jace. 

"Hey, Jace." Alec said. 

"Alec! Missed you, buddy! What's up?" Jace replied. 

"I, um have a date, can I borrow some of your clothes?" Alec said. 

"Yes, and I want to hear all about this guy." Jace said. 

Alec rolled his eyes, "Fine, are Mom and Dad home?" 

"No, at work, as always." Jace sighed. 

"Great, I'll be there in 15." Alec said whilst hanging up.

Magnus found a restaurant, but he did not know if Alec would like it. He was a little biased because this was his favourite restaurant. But, that didn't matter. There were burgers and pizza there if Alec did not enjoy this very specific and sophisticated cuisine. Magnus loved getting ready. It was his motivation to get up in the morning. Also, why he loved dates. He adored getting ready for them and seeing his date go speechless. He picked up his phone and texted Alec.

Magnus: Hello, pretty boy! Here's the restaurant address we are going to, don't be late! Maybe our kiss can have a sequel ;)  *Insert GoogleMaps directions*

Alec was in the car when he received Magnus' message. He picked up his phone and blushed heavily. He opened the link, and it was to this extremely fancy restaurant in Manhattan. 'The Cape' he thought. Alec would never admit it, but he adored fancy restaurants. They had a sense of style and elegance that just made the experience of tasting their exquisite food so much richer. He pulled up to his old house and exited his car. He stared at the house for a minute and took a deep breath before walking towards the entrance. He rang the doorbell and Jace opened the door. 

"Alec!" Jace exclaimed as he pulled Alec into an embrace. 

Jace and Alec were always extremely close. Jace had always accepted Alec and knew that Alec was no less or different of a person because he liked guys. Alec had missed Jace's embrace. he always buried his head into Alec's shoulders and held on until Alec wanted to let go. Alec applied Jace's back and pulled away. He saw a single tear fall down Jace's face. Jace immediately hid his face and wiped the tear. Alec placed his hand on Jace's shoulder and reassured him. 

"Hey, Jace, I miss you too." he said in a soothing voice. 

Jace looked up and chuckled, "I'm sorry." he said. 

Alec shook his head and the two made their way to Jace's room. Jace dramatically opened his walk-in closet and opened his arms. 

"Take whatever you want, and spill all about this guy." Jace said, exiting his closet and plopping on his bed. 

Alec went into the closet and sighed, "His name is Magnus, and we met when I was delivering him a pizza." Alec said, "He invited me in to the party and I for some reason was so stunned by his beauty that I happily obliged and went to the party. They were playing seven minutes in heaven and Magnus and I had to go in together, and well, I kissed him right before I had to leave.'" 

Jace squealed. "I'm so proud of you!!! Also, you kissed him? You? As in Alec Lightwood?" he asked surprised. 

Alec smiled and shook his head, "Yes, Jace. I kissed him." he said, proudly. 

Alec rummaged through Jace's closet. He ended up getting a gray button up and a leather jacket with zippers and belts around it. "Ah, wise choice, my little one." Jace joked.

Alec punched him on the arm and laughed. "Thanks for this, Jace." Alec said. 

Jace just smiled and said, "For you, anything." 

Jace showed Alec out and as Alec was leaving, Jace called him back, "Hey Alec?" 

Alec walked back to where Jace was. Jace took a deep breath and said, "I know I do not say this often to anyone, but you really gotta know. I love you, man." 

Alec smiled. He knew you could count the amount of times Jace had said, 'I love you' on one hand. So he knew it was a big thing. He nodded and said, "I love you too, Jace." he said and he made his way to his car. 

Alec left and went back to his apartment. It was still 12pm. He knew he had to study. He had to keep his grades up and studying was the only way how. So, Alec made his way home and studied. 

Authors Note: HEYYYY! THIS IS THE SECOND TO LAST PART IN THIS "AU" SO THE NEXT PART IS THE LAST ONE! IT'S KIND OF MESSY BUT YIKES I HAVE A ONE SHOT THAT I WROTE AND AM ACTUALLY KIND OF SORT OF PROUD OF AND IM KINDA SORT OF MAYBE SUPER EXCITED TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOUUUUUU!!!!!!! AFTER THIS AU IS FINISHED THOUGH!! IM GOING TO GO WATCH INFINITY WAR TOMORROW AND I AM ACTUALLY SUPER EXCITED! I HAVE LOADS OF CHAPTERS READY FOR YOU GUYS AND AM WRITING SOME RIGHT NOW! I APPRECIATE YOU ALL LOADS AND THERES A NEW HIGH SCHOOL CHAPTER TOMORROW! SO CHECK THAT OUT! I AM SUPER GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU AND THIS IS SO LONG! PLEASE COMMENT FEEDBACK AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE (I THINK?) IF YOU WANT TO, IS YOU DONT THAT IS OKAY! IVE BEEN RAMBLING ON WAY TOO LONG! 

sincerely,

your local trash can <3