Chapter 2

(3rd Person + Beacon Academy)

(Y/N) blinked several times in confusion at hearing Ozpin's declaration, he stared down Aidan who still had the appearance of a homeless person. But then, he suddenly smiled while shrugging his shoulders.

(Y/N): Ok! Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)!

He held his hand out, only for it to be smacked away making (Y/N) grow a shocked and confused expression while Aidan stared at him emotionlessly. The teenager stuffed his hands into his pockets while turning away slightly.

Aidan: I didn't come here to be your friend, Ozpin told me about a guy with potential, now that I look at you. I'm seriously questioning his decision on making you Beacon's representative...

Ozpin: Mr Lint, I understand you wanted to be the representative. But my decision is final, besides, (Y/N) here has his semblance and you and I both know it's the only semblance that can overpower you.

Aidan: Whatever, (Y/N), was it? Your training with me starts tomorrow morning...

(Y/N): What!? Why can't we do it now!?

Aidan: Your arm...

While Aidan explained his reasoning, (Y/N) stared down once again at his bandaged arm now regretting using all that aura to defeat Melissa.

Aidan: I was originally planning on normal training, but seems like that's not possible thanks to your arm. Give me some time to think...

(Y/N): Oh come on!!

Aidan almost jumped at (Y/N)'s sudden outburst, but it was effective in silencing his statement, he stared at (Y/N)'s annoyed expression with curiosity.

(Y/N): I can totally take you on with just one arm! Besides! I beat a classmate of mine with both arms even though one is damaged beyond repair apparently!

Ozpin: From what Professor Goodwitch told me, you struggled every time you used your right arm, always flinching and hesitating whenever he attacked with that arm.

(Y/N): Nope! Goodwitch lies! I'm at one hundred percent and have never felt better!

Aidan suddenly dashed over to (Y/N) and jabbed him lightly in the right arm. (Y/N) went slightly wide-eyed before grunting in pain and instinctively holding onto his right arm using his left arm, Aidan sighed in annoyance while placing his hand back into his pocket.

Aidan: See? Confidence can only get you so far (Y/N), now, for your sake and my own. Rest for today, but once morning comes, you're going to be under my training, even if it takes up my time.

And with that, Aidan walked out of (Y/N)'s dorm still with an emotionless expression on his face, Ozpin sighed while staring at Aidan's disappearing figure, he then quickly turned his attention back to (Y/N) who pushed himself off the floor using his uninjured arm.

(Y/N): Is it true Ozzy? If I didn't come along, then Aidan would've been the representative?

Ozpin: For some reason, I can't bring myself to lie to you. Yes, Aidan was originally going to be our representative, but, when I saw you activate your semblance back at initiation, as well as your determination to protect your friends, I knew for a fact that while not perfect, you were the best choice for representing Beacon.

(Y/N): How does that matter to being a representative?

Ozpin: What most people think when they think of representatives is this: strength and potential. But, that's not what people should see in a representative, especially for someone who's going to team up with three more representatives to ensure Remnant's safety and peace. I chose you Mr (L/N) because not only are you powerful, you care deeply for anyone who becomes your friend, despite most disagreeing and saying you are merely childish and never take things seriously. You are much more mature than you let yourself on to be, your maturity, as well as your deep passion to protect everyone you care about, you make the perfect representative for team Remnant.