Chapter 13

(3rd Person)

Two (Y/N)'s staring each other down in the middle of the practically destroyed Remnant, sounds like something out a scenario where the future meets the past. The good (Y/N) gave off a look of confusion while still having Gain as a greave, the other who held his smirk still had Pain on their right fist in gauntlet form.

(Y/N): Salem or Melissa, either way they both really want me bad if they're willing to clone me...

Evil (Y/N): You have no idea, the second I woke up Salem demanded Melissa to use my body instead of yours. But seems she's stuck in the past since she's obsessed with 'The original' as she calls you...

(Y/N): Judging by the way you said that, you want Melissa to inhabit your body?

Evil (Y/N): Of course! Who doesn't want the overwhelming power boost of a parasite, much less one of the only first parasites left!?

(Y/N): And people call me the idiot...

Evil (Y/N): Hmm?

(Y/N): You don't get it, Melissa will use you like she used me. She'll lure you in with that false promise of friendship, then she'll grant you power to slowly corrupt you until your mental strength has weakened enough for her to take over.

Evil (Y/N): Huh, and I should care why?

(Y/N): Because you'll lose your own body! Don't you want to live your own life, and not a life controlled by someone else!?

Evil (Y/N): Of course... I plan to keep both Melissa's power and my body don't you worry.

Silence fell upon the two, the evil version crouched slightly while clenching the fist with Pain on it. (Y/N) was ready for the attack, until his opponent suddenly disappeared, it made him go wide-eyed with shock before he turned quickly and got blasted by an explosive bullet. He went skidding across the floor while holding his face in pain.

Evil (Y/N): I see, you are smart after all, these bullets were smartly designed so that if they touch your skin specifically they basically turn into foam bullets, unable to penetrate your skin.

(Y/N): Yeah, the guy at the shop told me something like that, saying how they can't hurt me if anyone stole Pain or Gain.

Evil (Y/N): But explosions can still hurt you, can't they?

(Y/N) removed his hand from his face to reveal his one eye closed and a blast mark surrounding it, he gritted his teeth in anger causing his eyes to change to silver, this made the evil (Y/N) snicker while lowering Pain.

Evil (Y/N): Well, seems like I've made quite the mark, oh, and your eye is silver, if only you had the other one, then we would be twins!

(Y/N): What's your deal then? Aren't you supposed to be me? What happened for your hatred for Melissa? Your happy go lucky attitude? Not to mention that new desire for power...

Evil (Y/N): I hate that: the fact that you lower my level by saying I'm supposed to be you. I am a breed apart, I am above your scum, and just to prove it, I will take on a new identity. Although I'm stuck with your face, I will live with it and pronounce myself as Lei...

(Y/N): Lei?

Lei: It's short for Leistung, an ancient word meaning power. And that's exactly who I am... power!

The boy suddenly went wide-eyed at hearing that, this sentence caused him to recall something from 'that' day.

(Y/N): I see... this is how I would be today if I continued to let Melissa corrupt me. Seems like Melissa or Salem planted those memories in his head: the memory of power. I almost went down this path on 'that' day. Luckily but unfortunately, Melissa opened my eyes in the worst way possible.