Chapter 3

(3rd Person)

Libraries, places of tranquillity, of peace and people hard at work. Now normally a library would be the sight of students studying, where everyone was serious about their future in the academy. Beacon Academy's library however was merely the sight for team RWBY's board game which was possibly even more intense.

Aidan: You'd think they'd quiet down after seeing how much they're disturbing people...

(Y/N): Huh? They're not disturbing anyone, we're reading these books just fine!

Aidan: I can already see the manga underneath that textbook (Y/N).

(Y/N): W-what are you talking about? There's nothing under the textbook, he he he...

Aidan quickly reached over and snatched the manga out of (Y/N)'s hands, he protested at first, but then saw his teacher/friend's glare making him instantly back down. Speaking of friends, that reminded (Y/N) of something.

(Y/N): What made you change your mind?

Aidan: Hmm?

(Y/N): Before, you basically hated me for taking your spot as representative of Beacon, and now here we are studying together like two friends would do. You even insisted on it, so, why'd you change your view on me?

Aidan: Would you believe me if I told you that I simply did it because I find you interesting?

(Y/N): I may have my moments of stupidity Aidan, but I know when one of my friends lies to me...

For a solid minute the two stared each other down, (Y/N) with a face of concern and Aidan had his usual emotionless face, but then the tense silence was broken by a certain playing piece from RWBY's board game smacking Aidan right in between the eyes.

Aidan: We'll continue this later, for now I need to have a chat with four certain girls.

(Y/N): Oh come on, they're just having fun! I'm coming with you so this doesn't turn into a war zone.

Aidan: And how will you stop me, Mr I only have one good arm?

(Y/N): I can still kick your butt with two feet and one fist!

Aidan: If you say so...

Aidan immediately got up and started walking to where RWBY were located, (Y/N) hastily followed to ensure his friends' safety.

Yang: Well Weiss, it's your turn.

Weiss: I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing...

Yang: Look, it's easy...

Yang went into details about how the game plays, unaware that the duo of males were standing behind her. One listening intently with sparkles in his eyes, the other was simply unamused with his arms crossed.

Weiss: Then, that means...

Yang: You're just three moves away from conquering Remnant!

(Y/N): Team Remnant will never allow a conquest to happen!

Aidan: Your team-mates haven't even met you yet, you don't technically have that team yet you idiot.

(Y/N): Darn...

Suddenly Weiss seemed to grow a scary aura while a maniacal smile and laugh followed sounds of lightning in the background, (Y/N) and Aidan both grew sweat drops at how seriously she suddenly took the game that she called stupid a second ago.

Weiss: Yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms!

Yang: Trap card...