Chapter 8

(3rd Person)

Aidan: So, the dance?

Aidan blocked a punch from Gain by crossing his arms together, he then ducked under Pain as a greave went over his head, but as he came back up he blocked the leg which swung back around, he gritted his teeth upon feeling Pain's strength.

(Y/N): Yeah? Sounds fun! I hear team RWBY's in charge of organising the event so that makes it even more fun!

(Y/N) ducked under a punch from Aidan before hopping away, Aidan summoned a white orb of power before firing it at his student. (Y/N) chuckled before using Gain to hold the orb in his hand, he reared his arm back before returning the orb back to Aidan who merely slapped it away causing the orb to explode behind him, where the Emerald forest was below them.

Aidan: Yes, fun for you maybe. However you do know it's recommended to take a date, right?

Aidan charged forward, only for Pain and Gain to drop-kick him in the face, he would've gone flying over the edge. Had he not teleported behind (Y/N) who gasped slightly before being smacked away by Aidan, (Y/N) chuckled before dashing forward using his semblance's speed to trick Aidan, Aidan merely let his black aura appear to push (Y/N) back.

(Y/N): Of course I know that! Why're you asking me?

(Y/N) punched Aidan in the face with his left fist, then smashed Pain in greave form into Aidan's back, then Gain also in greave form across Aidan's head. He smiled to himself before changing Pain into a revolver and aiming it right at Aidan's back.

Aidan: I have a feeling you'll be getting a request soon, for the dance that is...

(Y/N): What?

Aidan suddenly appeared in front of (Y/N), punching him straight in the gut, delivering a double axe handle to his head, and then disarming him of both Pain and Gain.

Aidan: Never let yourself get distracted (Y/N), it could end up costing you your life...

(Y/N): Aah! No fair! You totally tripped me up by saying that!

Aidan: Oh? So the dance is on your mind then?

(Y/N): There's a lot of things on my mind: the dance, what you guys told me a week ago, not to mention Blake's behaviour...

Aidan: Blake?

(Y/N): She's been so distant lately! Like she's trying to sneak some brownies behind my back!

Aidan: (Y/N), I don't think Blake would become distant merely for brownies, it's obvious that incident with the white fang, she's been using too much of her life hunting them down. By the way, wasn't that your mission when you fought Melissa and caused this?

Aidan asked that while poking the injured arm of (Y/N) who winced slightly before holding it instinctively with his right hand, he shook his head in response to Aidan's question before turning to Beacon in the distance.

(Y/N): Team RWBY already told me they've tried everything to get her to stop, they've told Blake to attend the dance, if she won't listen to them, what make you think she'll listen to me?

Aidan: Now that doesn't sound like something you'd say, what's wrong? You're not as happy as you'd usually be, I can tell because you're slower than normal...

(Y/N): It's nothing...

Aidan: Are you still bothered over being a reincarnation?

(Y/N): No...

Aidan gave his student a glare, (Y/N) looked away in shame before looking at where Ozpin would be: in his office.

(Y/N): To think the old me abandoned his best friend like that, I can't believe I ever did that in a past lifetime...