[Chapter 19]

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday Dear Jin, happy birthday to you" Namjoon and their 5-year-old son Kuroko sing as they enter the room.

Jin rubbing his eyes as he try to adjust his eyes to the light from the candle.

"Make a wish dad" Kuroko says with excitement in his eyes, as he jump up beside his other dad on the bed, Jin smiling brightly at the little boy.

"It's not every day you turn 27" Namjoon point out, not daring to kiss the older, scared he will drop the cake.

Their son who can sense the situation hurry to run to the kitchen to grab a bed tray to put the cake on.

"Thanks Kuroko!" Namjoon says and ruffle his hair, the little boy giggling with joy.

"Can I wear make-up when we go eat later dad? Please? I want you to do my make up! I can wear my new skirts! And do my nails! Wouldn't that be fun?"

"We can do it together baby" Jin smile proudly and blow out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" Namjoon ask the older and take his hand, rubbing his thumb against the back of his hand.

"That I will always have you two by my side" Jin respond, the younger looking at him in awe, before placing the cake on the table so that the little family could share a hug before breakfast.

------------------------------------------------

"Am I pretty enough?" Kuroko ask, taking one last spin in the mirror.

Dressed in a black multiple layered skirt, pink nails, fancy white shirt, black ballerina shoes and his hair cut nicely with part time blue stripes that would disappear the next time he showered.

"You look wonderful" his father assured him as he corrected his own skirt and matching white shirt. His nails painted a soft green colour.

"Why green?" Namjoon asked, as he adjusted his butterfly.

"Green is the colour of hope"

"Who told you that?"

"Hoseok told me, that is why it's his favourite colour. He wanted to be a hope in other people's life's and green always makes him happy... he found out later the colour symbolise hope"

"Is that why Hoseok is called J-hope when he is on stage?" Kuroko ask, jumping up and down to keep up with his parents.

"Yes that is why" Jin laugh and pick up the child, carrying him to the car.

-------------------------

"I liked that one" Kuroko insisted.

"Really? I thought that speech was a little too much maybe; didn't I mention too many details? I left like nothing out of that one" Jin asked the child, who already knew how to keep a grown up conversation better than Namjoon.

"Isn't that your job? By sharing too much you make it normal to be open with people, show them you have nothing to hide or be ashamed of" Kuroko take another spoonful of pasta his cheeks getting all puffy and big.

"Maybe you are right"

"Aren't he always" Namjoon laugh "You two share deeper conversations than we have ever had since he learned to talk" Namjoon smile at the older, who gladly returned his smile.

"You can just join in! We aren't excluding you" Jin explain, pointing his fork at the younger, before once again taking another big bite, finishing his dinner.

"I like listening to you two talk"

"That is a weird hobby dad" Kuroko laugh and finish his plate as well.

"Also dad? Will the gummi bear ever be sweeter or does it stay like this?"

"It will be in a second darling! Hold on" Namjoon laugh, Jin looking rather confused. He couldn't quiet figure out what that was supposed to mean.

"You have the sugar?"

"Of course I do"

"Then stop being a total dummy and add it to the gummi bear"

"Excuse me what are you two talking about" Jin interrupt and look from Namjoon to Kuroko, trying to get an answer from simply their face expressions.

Namjoon take a deep breathe before he finally starts talking, Kuroko eying him down from the side, making sure he didn't chicken out now.

"Jin, we have been together for many years now and I know you know that" Namjoon laugh making Jin giggle and shake his head "Yeah I am aware"

"But these years, are hopefully only the begging, I can't imagine living my life without you and your wricked personality. The way you manage to always make me smile and light up my life like the most perfect light. I want to live the rest of my life by your side, through everything that might come our way" Namjoon swallow once, his lips shaking along with the rest of his body.

"I don't even know what to say" he admit in a shaky voice "there is so much I would want to tell you in this moment, but I hope we got forever to do that"

Namjoon get down on one knee, looking up at the older with teary eyes "Kim Seokjin" he smile and take his hand, using the other to pull out a box and open it.

"Will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

Jin who was unable of forming words, simply nod and let tears run down his cheeks, as Namjoon place the ring on his finger, the older jumping up to hug him tightly.

"Finally" was all Kuroko could say as he clap happily, a few costumers clapping along with Kuroko, other disgusted by the sudden affection between the two boys as they shared a kiss.

"I will be best man... or flower boy! I want to be a flower boy! Then I can wear my new flower crown" Kuroko says with a huge amount of excitement in his voice. Namjoon and Jin just laughing and agreeing that was a good idea.

Could things get any better than this?