Chapter 10

10 chapters already! I just wanna say thanks for all the lovely reviews you've been sending, it really fulfills my confidence in this story. Quick warning: there may be a big time skip (like a month or so) soon, cos writing about every single second of their lives for a month of nothing will be boring. Enjoy this 10th chapter!

888888

Jefferson's p.o.v

So... bus rides are fun, aren't they? To start off, yes, I did read the timetable wrong, but that's not the point, is it? The bus came exactly when Mads had predicted, and I immediately scampered to the back, securing the best seats in the corner. James paid the driver slowly, making his way to sit himself next to me. Discontent, I pulled him into my lap, making him blush.

"Thomas..." he murmured, his face now resembling a ripe tomato.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Am I not allowed to show affection to the man I love?"

If it was possible, he turned even redder as he tugged the hem of the sweater down even further, even though it was already way past his thighs.

"I suppose so," he replied in a small voice.

"What's up?" I asked, worried; the bus moved forward. "You're acting a little... off."

Madison's p.o.v

My heart began to pound, my legs trembling even though I was sitting down. Feeling weak, I gave a feeble cough, shrugging. I could feel every bump in the road, and they seemed to vibrate through me as Thomas looked at me with an anxious expression, his dark eyes concerned- an emotion which was there far too often for my liking.

"It's just the cold," I mumbled, averting my gaze.

"No," he shot back almost immediately. "This is something else."

Damn his cold hard logic.

"I'm just a little self-conscious about the stitches," I admitted, wrapping my arm around my abdomen. I wasn't lying, either- it was ugly and horrible- I was just omitting part of the truth. It seemed enough for Thomas, as he peppered my stomach with kisses, his hair tickling my skin.

"You are perfect and beautiful and those stitches don't change anything," he told me firmly, pressing his lips on mine. At first, I was a little surprised, but I soon melted into the kiss before remembering I was sick and pulling away. Thomas looked as if I'd just ran over his puppy. "Why'd you pull away?"

"I'm sick!" I cried. "I don't want you to get sick as well." Looking up, I spotted our apartment, lunging for the button. "We're finally home!"

We hopped off the bus, and the lanky Virginian ran towards the door as I thanked the driver, hobbling to Thomas, who was rocking excitedly on his heels.

"Wanna do the honours?" he drawled, holding the key aloft in a dramatic fashion. I giggled and nodded, slipping the key into the lock, hearing the satisfying click before pushing it open and finally entering the apartment. It was pretty much how I'd left it, but there was now a magenta towel flung across the living room: I turned to a red Thomas with a raised eyebrow. That stupid bed was still in the hallway, but I couldn't be bothered to walk to my bedroom, so threw myself on the bed, curling up under the slippery cold silk sheets. I don't know why Thomas insists upon them: it's like sleeping under eels, for God's sake! Anyway, not the time. Thomas came over and I felt the edge of the mattress sag a little under his weight, his hand caressing my cheek. I was tired, so tired...