Chapter 16

1 and half weeks later- Jefferson's p.o.v

There was no escaping it. It was enivitable, really. The last week or so, me and James had stayed inside, working from home on our work laptops and eating takeout after we'd run out of ready meals dinners. Most fast food chains refused to serve us, and even those that did seemed to send the most homophobic delivery guys, who sneered at us when we opened the door.

We had to leave to pick Mama Jefferson up, though. I could tell James was nervous as I watched him tug down the sleeve of his hoodie, a nervous little twitch of his which he hated.

"It'll be fine," I told him as I hugged him from behind, my chin resting on the top of his head. He chuckled in an anxious manner and wrapped his arms around mine.

"I suppose we better go if we want to be there for 3," he said, kissing my hand before shoving me off of him. I yelled in mock anger and chased him around the room and out into the car, him laughing all the way. I smiled softly at my man's happiness, which had been far too frequent in the past week. We got into the car, giggling. "You are an idiot, Thomas Jefferson."

"Yes, but I'm your idiot," I shot back. "Foreeeevvvveeeerrr!!"

He looked at me curiously as I started the car and pulled out, ignoring the strange looks. It was incredibly hot (a heatwave had come) so I rolled down the window, trying to ignore the stares.

"You really think we'll be together forever?" he asked, trying to sound casual but failing miserably.

"I mean, I think so," I answered, starting to fret a little. "Only if you want to, though. Never feel any obligation to stay with me because you're worried about our friendship or something if we broke up. I'll always be your best friend, no matter what. You know that, right?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him nod shakily.

"I'd like to be with you forever," he said quietly, and I smiled to myself as I turned onto the highway, heading towards JFK.

"Looking forward to my mum coming?" I said, quickly changing the subject. "Maybe if you're lucky, she'll bring yours as well!"

He groaned, but stayed smiling, his forehead resting on the boiling glass of the window. I glanced momentarily at him before fixing my gaze back on the road ahead.

"I love my mother, but Jesus Christ, I couldn't deal with her on her own for a week, let alone with your mum," he replied. "I don't know how you do it, Thomas."

"Our mum's are mental together," I agreed.

"Absolutely batty."

"Remember when your mum took me home once because we spent so much time together and she didn't even notice until she called me Tom and I corrected her?"

"Remember when your mum caught us sneaking back in when we were in high school and just winked at us?"

We laughed together, but it was cut off when someone outside shouted

"FAGS!"

James whimpered, and I stuck my head out of the window, glaring at the idiot. He was a fat man, and he had his t-shirt off in the heat, his great fat gut hanging over the rim of his shorts. I opened my mouth to yell something back at him, but James put a warning hand on my shoulder like he did in cabinet meetings and I ducked my head back into the car.

In Sickness And In Health (Jeffmads): a Hamilton fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें