Chapter 11

Wooooooooooooooooo! It's first date time! Okay, quick note: this is set in 2018, just if you feel like tracing dates and stuff. Also, I need your guys' opinions on whether or not I should turn this into like a series, and do a prequel about their entire lives, which could go into more detail about the accident. Whatever, please enjoy this weird-ass chapter!

888888

5 weeks later- Madison's p.o.v

"Where are we going?" I asked for the millionth time, trying in vain to see through the thick black blindfold as I flexed my newly-free wrist. Early in the morning, around 8:30, Thomas had snuck up behind me and hastily tied a super-secure blindfold around my head, leading me out to the car. At my reckoning, we had been driving for about an hour or so, but I had no idea where we were.

"You'll find out!" Thomas exclaimed, turning down the radio a little. "I guarantee it'll be the best first date you've ever been on!"

I could imagine him smiling evilly, but I was distracted as we pulled into somewhere, and the car stopped. Thomas led me out, his hand always in mine to guide me. His slender fingers undid the knot, and the blindfold fell away, revealing something I hadn't expected in a million years. A water park.

It may not seem like an ideal first date, but I was ecstatic. I adore water slides, and I constantly rambled on about coming to this particular water park for months.

"Tommy, it's awesome!" I squealed, throwing myself at him.

"I thought you'd like it," he chuckled, patting my back and walking me into the reception area. I immediately ran and pressed my nose against the glass, peering into the vast water park. I made a quick mental list of the slides I wanted to go on: all of them! Thomas pulled me away from the window and towards the changing rooms, the locker key dangling from his finger. "Wanna share a changing room?" he whispered seductively in my ear, making me blush furiously.

"Let's keep it PG, and have separate rooms," I warned, giving him a quick kiss before grabbing my bag and firmly locking the door before he could follow me. I emerged not long afterwards in boring black trunks, my t-shirt still on self-consciously.

"You gotta take the t-shirt off to go on the slides," Thomas said suddenly from behind me, making me jump. I turned to see him leaning on the lockers, wearing only a pair of magenta shorts, exposing his muscled torso. I felt my face heat up again. "C'mon, Mads, it isn't that bad!"

"It is!" I insisted, but this was contradicted by the fact that I was grudgingly removing the t-shirt. There was no way I was missing out on these slides. I refused to look down at the disgusting scarring from the surgery, hiding it with my arm as best I could. "Let's go swimming!"

The water park was even bigger than I'd imagined, and I didn't know where to go. Directly to the left of the entrance, there was a multi-coloured four-lane slide, which small children were throwing themselves down with delighted shrieks. As you looked up, there was a blue slide that I recognised to be The Nucleus, the rubber ring slide. Straight ahead was The Space Bowl, and just to the right of that was a twisty orange slide: I think it was called The Twister. Up the spiralling staircase that lead to the latter slides were 3 flumes. Near the rubber ring queue, there was an area which contained lilypad floats and metal handholds above, which a bunch of teenagers were trying to get across. Spotting the rapids, I dragged Thomas over to the bustling queue in the water, forgetting all about the scars.