Chapter 13

The parttttttttyy! Some super embarrassing stuff for these characters (mostly true facts as well) and some fun as well. Please enjoy!

888888

Madison's p.o.v

I was so anxious before the party. Was the apartment clean enough? Were there enough snacks? Would the alcohol run out (this was very unlikely, as we had far too much already and people were bringing their own)?

"Sit down and relax," Thomas said, patting the space on the sofa next to him as I stress-polished a really ugly vase.

"They'll be here any minute," I fretted, throwing down the cloth and rushing over to him. "How do I look?"

He looked over my simple attire (black jeans and white polo) and smiled.

"Just perfect," he replied softly, bending down to kiss me just as the doorbell went. I pulled away far too early and ran to answer it. Hamilton, Eliza, Laf and Hercules stood there, Herc brandishing a bottle of vodka like a weapon. Eliza held a bottle of wine much more demurely.

"WHAT TIME IS IT!?" someone down the hallway yelled.

"SHOWTIME!" Alexander, Laf and Herc shouted back, welcoming a relatively short (but still taller than me) and freckly young man, who looked around 24 or so, his curly hair pulled back in a loose bun.

"Guys, this is John," Alexander said, pulling the stranger forward. "John Laurens."

Laurens shyly waved to us, and I ushered them in, taking the drinks and putting them on the kitchen table. The room suddenly felt very full, and there was people still to come. Thomas must have felt the nervous energy radiating off of me, as he came up and hugged me from behind, making me jump.

"Jesus Christ!" I squealed, leaping about a foot in the air. He looked hurt, backing off a little.

"I-I didn't mean to scare you," he stuttered, his eyes glued on the floor. Rushing over to him, I wrapped my arms around him, smiling into his chest.

"You didn't."

The doorbell went again. Herc had already chugged an entire bottle of beer, and had sat Laf on his lap on the sofa. Thomas went this time, and two younger girls stood there, Angelica hurrying along after them.

"This is Peggy and Maria," Angelica said, out of breath as they stepped inside. Maria stood awkwardly at the side; she wore a cute red dress, and she kept glancing at Peggy, who was fangirling over... something with her sisters.

"Hey," I said softly, so not to scare her. She gave me a small smile. "I don't think we've met before?"

"I know Thomas from a few years back," she replied shyly, pushing her curly hair back behind her ear. "You're James Madison, right?"

"Yeah."

We shook hands, and I led her to the drinks table. Thomas was chatting in French to Laf, whose hair was being braided by Herc. Grabbing a bottle of beer, which was strange for me, I made my way over to my boyfriend.

"Babe, we should order the people now everyone's here-"

Burr, Theodosia and Washington burst through the door, apologising profusely for being late. "We should order pizza."