Prompt

Humans are weaker, slower... useless.

At least that's how they are often perceived in vampire orientated society. Todays world was run by vampires, there was no room for the weak and slow at the top. All business, all schools, all governments were run by vampires. That's where societies wealth lay, with the blood sucking species.

Vampires were millionaires, many clans even billionaires. The worlds leading clan, the Styles Clan owned most of the top business worldwide, name any business, they owned it - they didn't have millions of dollars, nor did they have billions of dollars... no, they had trillions.

Humans were left simple tasks, the few humans which were left could barley get by as they took jobs as cleaners for the rich and powerful and made the best of vampires leftovers.

Some humans were lucky, they met the right crowd - the vampires which although perceived them as weaker and more vulnerable, knew that they were friends not foe and treated them with respect.

Other humans were beaten, and although laws were passed to protect this weaker species, many vampires saw humans as food and nothing but food. Those were the clans and rogues which a human wouldn't want to associate with.

Humans and vampires had lived in equality until the blood sucking species evolved - doubling in productivity, speed, strength, brains and senses. They also grew taller and they developed two clear classes within the vampiric system.

Doms and Fertiles. A dom screamed power physically and mentally, able to impregnate. A fertile screamed intelligence, able to get pregnant. Doms and fertiles were made for one another, they were the perfect team.

A thousand years after that, they evolved again and developed what is now known today as a a souldbond. Every vampire has a soulmate out there somewhere, and when they meet their soulmate they just know. They feel the attraction pulling them closer and they find their mate perfect in every sense of the word.

Doms soulmated to fertiles and fertiles soulmated to doms. It was simple.

Humans were stuck doing things the old fashion way, going out finding love. Love was becoming increasingly hard to find within the human community, less and less choosing to have children - not wanting to raise an innocent creature in such a vampire centric world.

It made sense.

Especially when most humans who had wealth were the ones offering themselves as food to earn a lump sum of cash. They were fed on, left just enough blood to survive. They stayed in bed, recovered, then went out and offered their blood again. It wasn't a glamorous life at all.

No wonder people didn't have children.

But some were lucky, some humans were born bright, smarter than average. These humans were lucky, they were considered for jobs more than a mere cleaner. If lucky, they would make it into marketing, or finances.

It was something.

Louis was one of these humans, he had started from day one knowing he had to work and constantly challenge himself to be better. He was still slower than a vampire, much much weaker, shorter, only 5'0 actually.

But the difference between him and other humans was he was outstandingly smart, his high school teacher deemed him "nearly as smart as a fertile." Not only was he smart, but he was also determined. Determined to do his mother Jay, proud

He may only be 18, but he knows he has to make something of his life.

And he plans to do anything but quit.