Twenty-Six

GO BACK AND READ CHAPTER 18 TO REFRESH

-----

The entire Zayn ordeal flew past Louis. The small boy asked question upon question to Harry. Such as, why was Harry so violent? Why was Harry there in the first place? What did Harry have against the raven-haired man?

Yet Harry dismissed everything, and Louis finally released how smitten he was with the vampire. Because just like that he fell to the man's knees and accepted his obvious lies.

And for some reason, Louis didn't care, because some little, possibly naive voice, trusted Harry more than anything else in this world.

That's why when the unimaginable happened, he ran to Harry.

To my lovely little Louis,

I am so sorry I have not written to you sooner. Our connection was amazing when we first met and I cannot wait to have you as mine within the month. Your pretty blue eyes remind me of the ocean whilst your caramel hair reminds me of sun-kissed sand. I know you feel the same way, and cannot wait to make you mine forever.

Missing you,

Johnny Sonder xxx

Louis trembled as he entered the driveway of the Styles residency. Johnny Sonder, a passing character in Louis' life story. He was a business partner of Harry's and had met when they had been on their trip across the country. Louis remembers the way his hand had crept up his thigh. He remembers how Johnny's eyes had twinkled. 

Suddenly, he feels like vomiting.

He immediately buzzes the gate, not too long after a familiar voice is coming over the intercom, "Styles. Speak."

Louis' bottom lip wobbles, "Ha-harry. Harry, it's Louis."

"Louis?" The small boy can briefly hear Harry mumble that it's 11 pm, "is everything alright? Fuck just come on up cub, I'll be waiting for you at the door."

With that, the gate is opening leaving Louis, in tears, to drive up the long 500m driveway. Eventually, he parks the car and is greeted with none other than a shirtless and dishevelled looking Harry.

If Louis weren't so scared, he would be admiring the six-pack the vampire was sporting.

"Harrrrry." Louis hiccuped, as a tear of fright fell from his eye. The vampire was quick to rush over to his car, closing the door as Louis stepped out and wrapping him in his arms.

"Oh sweet cub, come baby, don't cry. You're safe. It's so late cub what's wrong."

Louis whimpered as he was shuffled inside, Harry using his super speed to make sure Louis was safely in bed, snuggled under the blankets.

Louis felt warm and protected. 

Especially when Harry sat next to him.

"I-I-I got this letter and, i'm scared, Harry." 

Harry frowned, grasping the letter from the small boy's hand and reading it himself. Every word infuriated him, every sentence made his fists and jaw clench. Anger and jealousy bubbled inside of him. 

"Sonder..." Harry growled.

"Harry... what does he mean he wants me to be his..." Louis whispered, unknowingly moving closer to Harry. Harry noticed however and was quick to pull the boy close, almost onto his lap.

"It means... means he wants to turn you into a vampire and have you as his little trophy."

Louis' bottom lip trembles as he stares into Harry's soft green eyes, "don't let him do that!"

The vampire sighed as he rubbed his thumb against the small boy's soft cheek. He couldn't help but sigh as he admired his perfect little mate.

"I will never let that man touch you, hurt you or come anywhere near you."

Louis smiled, placing his head against Harry's chest, "I trust you."

Harry moved a loose strand of the boy's hair to the side, " I think... I think you should move in with me, you know... for safety reasons and all."

Louis bites his lip, staring at Harry before whispering in a trance-like state, "yeah... yeah...safety."

Just like that, he's calm and falls asleep in the safety of Harry's arms.

short is better than nothing.

Happy christmas eve xxx