Forty-Four

Louis sighed, back against Harry's chest as they relaxed in the warm spa of Harry's mansion.

"I'm sorry for what happened today, trust when I say I will never let you leave my side again" Harry mumbled, rubbing his fingers down the small boy's arm. Louis whined, turning around in Harry's arms so he was nosing at the man's stomach, legs floating behind him. The vampire twirled his fingers in Louis's brown locks.

"Not your fault... It's normal."

Harry had to shake his head because what had happened shouldn't be normal.

Flashback: 3 hours earlier

Louis bit his lip as he roamed the huge Target in an attempt to find the hygiene aisle. He needed more soap, maybe some softer towels (Harry's were awfully rough), he also liked the idea of purchasing bubbles to make bubble baths.

He had abandoned Harry in the blood aisle, moving off on his own to find these items - despite the vampire's whines about leaving him. Louis knew he was one of the perhaps five total humans in the store. However, he felt safe knowing his mate was just a few aisles down.

He wrapped his arms around his torso, eyes immediately falling to the floor. He finally remembered what it was like before Harry. He had been with the vampire so often know he never went out without him. When with Harry he was safe and protected, however now as he roamed the store alone he fell victim the snarls and glares as his 'superiors' passed him.

Clearly, he was not welcome.

"FIlthy vermin." A vampire muttered to their mate as they both walked past Louis who was stood still staring at the rack of towels. His eyes fell to the floor with sadness.

Louis began touching each different type of towel, attempting to decipher which was the softness. However loud footsteps from behind him interrupted his task.

"Human... what makes you think you have a right to put your foul scent on our items?"

Louis looked up, it was fertile. The fertile was taller than him, and worse the iconic red Target uniform name badge reading 'Sage'.

Louis opened his mouth about to speak, however, closed it not knowing how to respond. He wanted to shout, to say he had every right a vampire would to shop here. But he did not. By law humans were inferior. They were protected, supposedly, however, that did not stop the cruelty they received.

"I..." Louis stuttered as the employee grasped his arm and began roughly tugging him towards the nearby exit.

"You do not belong here human, go find a thrift store, or maybe a homeless shelter. Disgusting." Louis stutrerd again, pulling away as he was dragged and pushed towards the exit.

"No please I have a - I am with H-I am with a vampire dom he is here with me please."

The fertile employee raised eyebrows as he began to laugh almost comically, not believing Louis at all. He through Louis to floor, now outside the store. The tiny boy fell to his knees at the force.

"Do not mock my intelligence human. Now leave. I already have to wash my hands because you're god awful stink is on me. I do not wish to smell or see you here again."

Louis let a small tear fall down his cheek as he rushed to his feet wobbling away from his saw right knee.

The employee merely rolled his eyes, turning around to the other vampire manning the door - the official welcomer. A girl with the name badge Mary.

"I fucking hate humans." She mumbled, Sage merely nodded. Neither cared that the sweetest boy was two shops down crying into his jacket.

Flashback End

Harry bent to press a chaste kiss to Louis' forehead as he sat up, finally sitting in Harry's lap, the bubbles of the spa timed out. The water stilled around them.

"I love you, baby."

"Love you too Hazzy." Louis smiled.

Louis truly did look amazing, there propped up on Harry lap as his skin glowed with the specs of water on his cheekbones. 

"How do you become a vampire?" Harry's eyes widened, sitting up more as he positioned Louis onto his knee more, away from his crouch.

"You don't know?"

Louis shrugged, "I didn't do school much - well human school doesn't teach much about vampires I mean... I really don't know anything about your species. I have." Louis blushed as he paused before continuing, "many questions."

Harry smiled, chuckling softly, "well how about I warm you by the fire inside and answer all of them."

----

Louis was sat on his knees, surrounded by pillows on the floor, a fur blanket hung off his shoulders. He was a curious little thing and listened intently as Harry answered question after question.

"Well and to become a vampire, is simple - I drink your blood and then you drink from me. Then the change will take around a week. First, you crave raw meat, then the thirst for blood starts. It hurts changing, a lot." 

Louis's mouth formed an O, as he crawled between Harry's spread legs, the vampire sitting on the couch. Harry automatically began to play with the boy's hair.

"I did not know vampires had blood.... can I, see it?"

Harry gulped before nodding, a fang protruding and poking into his own wrist until he drew blood.

Louis gasped as he stared at it, "it is, browny-black?" Harry nodded.

"Mhm, I am dead after all."

There was a silence before Harry licked his arm clean and his wound healed soon after.

"You don't know how hard it is for me, Lou. How much by instinct I want to..." Harry began, however, paused not finishing his sentence until the small boy rubbed his head against his thigh.

"You want to what Haz?"

"I have learned over many years to control instinct, to suppress impulse. However, it is in my nature... I have urges so many urges to bite you, let your blood flow into my mouth before feeding you my own blood and turning you into the beautiful immortal I know you would be."

Louis frowned, perking up. Harry wanted to turn him? Yet every time he asked just that the vampire would say no.

"Then why will you not turn me? I want you so bad Harry. Forever."

The vampire shook his head, standing up, Louis backside falling to the heels of his feet.

"No. I suppress this urge because although alternity with you sounds.... amazing. I would rather have a mere 100 years with you and not see you like the same monster I am."

Louis frowns, tears fillings his eyes, "but I will get old..."

"And I will love you all the same." Harry finally turned towards Louis, hearing his heart rate increase. He sighed, pulling Louis to his feet as he hugged him. "Do not cry, sweet boy. I do not want to be the cause of your tears."

"You are not a monster though Harry, I wish you knew that."

The vampire shook his head, "If only you knew how many innocents I have killed."

Louis sighed, "years ago... please forget of it, Harry. Let us change the topic yeah?"

"Yeah..."

Louis hated seeing his mate vulnerable.

----

If you have any questions about this book in general or whatever I will try to respond to everyone :) Just leave an inline comment