Forty-One

Louis huffed, dabbing the wet cloth against the vampires forehead. Harry had returned to him in under an hour, bruises on his nuckles and scratches all along his arms, face and side.

"I can't believe you dueled him. You shouldn't have Harry, I was fine, Liam was sticking up for me." Louis chastisised as he sat on Harry's knee cleaning his wounded forehead. He brushed away a curl softly in the process.

Harry stared up at Louis. Louis' actions in themself were unecessary, his vampiric powers would foresea his wounds completely healed by sunset. However, for Harry, Louis' actions were endearing.

The small caramel haired boy pet Harry softly.

"I did have to Lou, because you're my little mate, and my second in charge shouldn't have to stand up for you, it should be me."

Louis blushed standing up to go and wet the face towel again. Harry too began to stand only to recieve a harsh glare, "sit back down Mister, i'm not finished yet."

Harry immediatly did as Louis told, a soft smile on his face, "okay." He whispered.

Harry was wrapped around Louis' finger. The small boy was the boss and god did the vampire know it.

---

"Did you hear about the new guy who started yesterday Lou?" Niall quizzed as he and Louis sat drinking a cup of coffee during their morning break at work.

Louis' eyes fluttered toward's Niall's blue ones, "no? Should I?"

Niall's eyebrows raised up, as if the gossip he was about to spread was juicy, "aparantly he's a total hottie!"

Louis laughed, "Oh wow Niall, you really are the offices gossiper."

The blonde laughed before stopping suddenly, staring off into the distance, "that's him. Oh my god Louis that's him."

"What your mate?" Louis turned behind himself to look in Niall's eyes direction.

"No! The new guy." 

Louis' eyes finally met with who Niall was refering to, and oh he really was good looking. He wasn't anything like Harry, but good looking nonetheless.

Suddenly their eyes met and he smiled at Louis, starting to walk towards him

"Ummmm Louis, he's walking this way... he's coming here... he's walking towards us Louis!" Niall freaked out, pretending to be busy on his phone.

The man looked prettier up close, "hi, I don't mean to seem weird but... You're the only beating heart for miles, Louis Tomlinson is it?"

Louis' eyes widened, sending Niall a suprised glance, "um yes yes... It is."

The man smiled, shaking his head, "I'm Aria, I must sound creepy. Just my sister you see is mated to a human, so I guess i'm intrigued by you and Mr Styles' relationship. Seems rather lovely, i'm all for equal rights. I'm going to a march on Sunday actually, you should join me."

Louis smiled, about to respond, however in that moment Harry walked up to him.

"Aria, I see you have met Louis, my mate. I presume he is welcoming you to our company?" Harry spoke with such dominance it made Louis blush.

"Of course Sir, Louis is lovely."

The CEO seemed displeased with the answer, rolling his eyes subtly before placing his hand on the small of Louis' back and leading him away.

"Please excuse us, but we must be off, I have to steal him for a few hours. Meetings meetings."

Niall frowned, "but you're meeting isn't for another two hour-"

Harry sent the blonde a glare, "as I said, we really must be off. Goodbye Aria."

The vampire shuffled off into his office, taking Louis with him.

The small human groaned, "Harry what was that? Seriously I was just talking to him."

The vampire glared, "oh yeah, you, were just talking. He however was smelling you up and offering to take you out on little outings. I don't think so, nah uh." 

Louis rolled his eyes standing up, "you are being ridiculous Harry, he was being nice."

Harry sighed, rubbing his temples, "no, fucking hell. We are going home, i'll tell Niall to push back my meetings to tomorrow." The vampire gathers his belongings and begins to walk to the door.

Louis however doesn't move.

"Come on Lou baby boy, we can talk about this at my place, please."

The small boy crosses his arms, staring off into the abyss.

"Louis." Harry warns once more, "you can either walk out that door or i'll carry you."

The small boy huffs, holding his ground. With that the vampire is picking him up and racing him down the fire escape and towards their car.

A loud shreek can be heard from Louis, "Harrrrrreeehhhh!"