Eight

"Are you planning on telling Louis soon." Liam whispered, as he sat on the edge of the table, watching Harry adjust his tie. 

"Tell him what?" Harry asked, voice equally quite. They were preparing to go into the meeting board room - in that room sat sixteen of the most influential people in Harry's clan. This included superior management, elders and of course Harry's mother and father.

"Don't be stupid Harry - you know what I mean. Are you going to tell Louis of the soul bond?"

The curly haired man sighs, turning to face his second in charge, "no not for a long time."

Liam frowned, head moving to the side slightly, "hmm?" The puppy-dog eyed man hummed, pushing Harry to continue.

"What, should I just go up to him and say I love you and you're my soul mate, move in with me? Spend our life together? That may or may not make him freak out."

Liam rolls his eyes, "no need to be so sarcastic... I get it."

Harry merely flattens his suit, "I know you disagree, but It is my plan to make him fall in love with me naturally, then tell him, and take him as my mate. It will happen no matter what your or the council say."

Not a second later, Harry walks out of the room and leaves Liam to run after him straight into the room filled with council members.

----

"I found my mate."

After Harry had announced his presumed, amazing new his mother and father had broken down in happy tears, hugging him - soon as he didn't return their hugs and remained silent the room fell into a silence.

"Where is your fertile?" Anne falls down back into her seat as she whispers the question.

"My mate, isn't here...." Harry bites his lip as he flashes a look towards Liam who seems on edge. Worried about the Council's reaction.

"Are they from the Grimshaw clan?" Harry looks to the dom vampire who speaks up. Most of the Styles Clan ended up finding their soul mate from the Grimshaw clan... not Harry.

He hesitates before responding, "no..."

Not a second later another person is speaking up, a dom female, "a rogue?"

Harry is about to answer before Liam speaks up, spitting out his words, "just tell them Harry..."

Everyone glances at Liam before confusedly staring at their leader.

Anne whispers softly, "Harry.... are they.... is he human?"

The curly-haired vampire coughs, as he nods, "yes my mate, he is human."

He can hear the gasps as everyone turns to one another, whispering between themselves briefly. 

Harry knows the word human is immediately associated with weakness, vulnerability, illness...

Harry finally sits, at the head of the table, sipping his wine glass. This was supposed to be the happiest moment of his life, where his clan welcomed his mate and supported him - yet here is was watching his mother tear up and father rub her back.

"You can't mate him Harry, they will ruin him... break him." Harry's father speaks up, Anne nodding.

"It would be selfish Harry, so selfish to take him as your mate." Anne adds, the vampires around her nodding.

"I have a right to love the person who was destined to be mine." Harry can't help but raise his voice slightly, as his fist collides with the table.

"We are in not only the biggest, harshest business in the world but the most powerful, and therefore most wanted and targeted clan in the vampire world Harry. If you take him as your mate, imagine what would happen? You would immediately have weakness, someone any vampire could target, take, hurt... You cannot drag an innocent boy into physical and mental danger."

Harry growls, fangs protruding,  "I can protect him. I am powerful and have billions of dollars mother!"

Anne stands as she snaps at her son, "no.... you cannot protect him completely Harry, he will get hurt not only that, he will also become our weakness."

Harry lets his mind drift to what his mother is saying, he imagines his rivals trying to capture Louis, he imagines his rivals humiliating the boy, he imagines the pain Louis may suffer from the clan's who hate Harry.

But Harry can't help but be selfish.

"I won't tell anyone. I can love him, bond him not tell anyone.... the public don't have to ever know."

An older vampire chuckles from the back of the table Harry looks over to him, "and what happens when people start realising... because trust us Harry you can't hide him forever."

Harry's father nods at that, "Harry, you would have to eventually turn him into a vampire... that's not allowed, you know the pain it causes to a human."

Harry merely huffs under his breathe, glancing at a smug Liam who knows he is getting his own way. Proving to Harry he wasn't the only one who didn't agree with this.

"Well father... the universe chose him as my mate for a reason. Human or not, we are destined to be together... and frankly, I don't care what you say - I am the leader, and my say is final. I will eventually mate him."

With that Harry storms out of the room, opening the door from his office and slamming it on his way out.

He will mate Louis.

He can't help but keep his mother's words in the back of his mind, it's selfish... but he can't help it.

So finally understand why Liam was worried about the relationship?

A lot of you had some interesting guesses but nah Li was never w/a human.