Chapter 3- Taunting Lunches

[] A M E L I A []

Today, I made it to the Sociology building without getting lost. I had gotten up earlier than I did yesterday, and made it to the lecture much earlier than it was supposed to start as a bonus. I took my place near the top of the hall and off to the side in hopes that by today, Andre would've forgotten about me. It wasn't that he was bad, but he just seemed like a really social type of guy. Exactly the opposite of what I need in my life.

Which is why it was better to stay away from him and his friends.

I slowly brought out the supplies I needed for class, and people eventually started piling in. Just as I placed my notebook down, a large shadow hovered over me.

I looked up in surprise to see Andre was standing in front of me with a grin on his face.

"Hey there!"

I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could, Andre came around the bench row and plopped down in the seat beside me.

"How are you?" he asked, pulling out his own things.

I mentally sighed.

"I'm good. What about you?" I mumbled out.

"I'm wonderful, little one!"

I scrunched my nose at the nickname. We weren't even close enough to give out nicknames. However, I didn't comment on it.

The lecture started right after that, leaving no room for us to talk anymore. Andre made a few comments here and there about the professor, or the lecture in general, and I found myself actually responding to a few things he pointed out.

After the lecture was over, Andre turned to me with a look.

"Alright, today I will not take 'no' for an answer. Come on Amelia, join us for lunch. Trust me, you won't get bored."

I stared at his grinning face for the longest time. I realized now that if I don't say yes, he'd keep pestering me till the I agreed. Maybe if I say yes now, sacrifice myself for an hour, he'd leave me alone. Maybe his friends would even point out all my social flaws and eventually, he'd leave me have no choice but to not see me anymore.

Sad, but this is exactly what I needed.

No friends.

So eventually, I gave a little head nod, making Andre nearly shake in glee.

However, I never thought that a simple lunch would be the biggest turning point in my life.

* * *

[] L E O []

Today was a rough day. Not only did Jamal drag me to Biology again, but I was just told that Andre will be bringing someone to lunch with him. For this reason, a) we had to eat campus food today, and b) I was extra cranky since Andre is probably bringing one of his snobbish buddies.

Besides being friends with us, Andre had his other group of friends he hung out with. They were the social and partygoing people, something I really wasn't. Very rarely, he'd bring one of them to join us for lunch.