Chapter 14- Taunting Regrets

[] A M E L I A []

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" he yelled.

I took a few steps back, my back hitting the wall in surprise. 

"I- uh, I- just c-came..." I stuttered. 

The rage in his eyes didn't simmer down, and I found myself shrinking against the wall. He suddenly took a step closer to me and I moved away from the wall, my back now facing his door. 

"Do you think you can just fucking stroll into my house and look through my belongings? Who the hell gave you permission to be here Amelia?!" he bellowed. 

The force of his yell caused me to stumble back, my lip quivering in fear. 

"Just because you fucking started eating with us, doesn't mean you're now my buddy. And it certainly doesn't mean you can go through my belongings like some sort of creep!"

He was breathing heavily, his knuckles turning white. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"Get the fuck out of my house," he said in a deadly voice. "Get out right now!"

The rage, the ferocious glint in his eye, and his deathlike grip on the frame, everything was much too familiar for me to handle. Unable to control myself, a small whimper escaped my lips. Something in my voice made Leo snap out of whatever trance he was in. His eyes softened and he took a step closer to me.

However, the moment he took a step forward, I fled. 

I stumbled out of his apartment and all the way out of the building. My feet were the only functioning part of me as I somehow made it out into the cold night. To my utter lack of luck, just as I took a few steps outside, I managed to bump into someone's hard chest. I gasped and took a step back. I muttered an apology and started making my way around them, not even bothering to see who I had bumped into. However, before I could walk away, a hand shot out and grabbed my elbow. 

"Amelia?" I heard a familiar voice say. 

I looked up in surprise, only to see Andre gaping down at me. 

"Shit, little one. What happened?" he asked, staring intently at my face. 

I frowned at him, unsure of how he knew something was wrong. As if sensing the confusion in my voice, he pointed to my face. I slowly brought my hand up to my cheek and was surprised to feel the wetness there.

Before I could say anything, Jamal came running up to us with a grin on his face. However, his grin faded as he got closer. When he came to a stop in front of me, his eyes held a worried look.

"Whoa, what happened Amelia?" Jamal asked.

I shook my head at him and wiped the remaining tears away from my face.  

"Nothing," I murmured.

Andre tugged at my arm a little harder, causing me to look at him. 

"What did he say Amelia?" Andre asked, a little angrily. 

I shook my head, not wanting to get between them. 

"It was n-nothing. All my fault," I said looking down. "I just didn't want him to step on it and hurt himself."

To my utter disbelief, a few traitorous tears continued to roll down my cheeks. I wiped them away furiously and pulled out of Andre's grasp. 

"I have to go," I said, turning away from the two. 

As soon as I started walking away from them, I felt someone fall into step beside me. I sighed and continued walking, already recognizing Andre's signature white sneakers follwing beside me.