Chapter 63- Taunting Tracks

[] T H I R D • P E R S O N []

John Adams was an impatient guy.

Beneath his calm exterior, he was always trying to figure out things as quickly as he could. Only a few people knew this habit of his, and they definitely found it irritating. But he couldn't help it. When he wanted to find out the truth about something, he would go to great lengths for it.

Which is precisely why he has been at the police station since 8 in the morning. He had been been busy dealing with officers, pressuring them into finding the officer who switched out Brittany's autopsy report, and to find out why they did it in the first place. The officers had been cooperating, also trying to find the traitor between them. Afterall, they had a reputation to uphold in this city as being the best cop division.

After a long time of waiting, one officer had stepped through, with a hand cuff around another officer. The whole station had stopped to see what the commotion was about, and everyone gasped when the arresting officer called out the offence for which the guilty officer was being charged with.

Once John heard, he wasted no time in pulling out his phone and dialling Jerry's number. He had been trying to dial Amelia all morning, but her number was unreachable.

Jerry picked up after the fourth ring.

"Jerry? Where's Amelia?" John asked hastily.

"We were all supposed to meet Levi today, remember? But she isn't here yet and we only have ten minutes left with him-"

John sucked in a shaky breath. He looked off to the officer who was being arrested, and he caught eyes with John at that exact time. He gave him a malicious look that made John feel absolutely sick.

"Jerry," John said cutting him off. "I need you to listen to me. I think Amelia is in danger. And the person who wants to hurt her knows that Ameia is close to finding out the truth."

Jerry sucked in a breath.

"What truth John?"

"The truth about Brittany's death."

Then John wasted no time as he lunged at the officer being arrested, demanding him to tell him about Amelia's whereabouts.

* * *

Leo called Amelia for what felt like the billionth time. He was stuck in the passenger seat as Jamal drove, with Andre laughing every few minutes. He wanted to turn around and knock Andre out, but then he remembered how much Amelia hated violence, and that was enough to stop him. He still ended up glaring at him every time he laughed though.

Despite his anger, Leo was worried about Andre too. He felt saddened that he didn't notice that Andre was going through so much in his life. To make up for his mistake, he called Laura briefly to discuss Andre's situation with her. He wanted to get an expert opinion on what he could be taking, and Laura had immediately answered without judging Andre. She claimed that if Andre had been at the point Jamal had described when she found him, he shouldn't even have survived after that. In most cases, that was an overdose, one that a person can rarely come out alive from unless they are given proper treatment. But since Andre had swung back after that, she had guessed that he had been taking mixed drugs, which could equally be as fatal. We then told her that we were headed to find Amelia, and she told us to keep monitoring Andre and call an ambulance if he started showing certain symptoms. They had ended the conversation then.

Leo then went back to dialling Amelia's number. He was worried out of his mind, and the fact that Jamal wasn't driving as fast as he should, was driving him insane.