Chapter 65- Taunting Arrests

[] T H I R D • P E R S O N []

Officer Santana lead her team to a warehouse near the edge of the woods, close to where they had gotten a signal on a phone nearly twenty minutes ago.

On their search for Amelia, they had found her car near her house, and had found her phone in there. They checked for messages, and the last call she made was to an unusual number. They had tracked that number and went in search for it, hoping that that is where they needed to be.

Her team of thirty were ready to take on an army as they marched into the woods. What they didn't expect, was find themselves in the middle of a group of young men, armed with guns. They were all snorting something, and barely noticed the group of officers scattered around them in the woods. The officers knew what to do in this situation. They immediately spread themselves out to surround the group, without being noticed. Once they were surrounding them, but were also covered by the trees in case one of the boys started shooting, Officer Santana spoke loudly.

"Drop your weapons! You are surrounded by police from all around! There is no escaping. We have a warrant against everyone involved with Jackson Crawford's crimes! We hereby arrest you for the illegal use of drugs!"

Within seconds, the boys dropped their weapons. The officers wasted no time in charging to them and handcuffing each and every one. However the boys looked too stoned to fight back. A few officers dragged the boys away, and the rest of the team started to cover the building. As they searched, they only found one door leading inside. At last, Officer Santana pushed through the doors, aiming her gun in front of her.

At first, they were greeted by darkness. It was hard to see what they were up against, but the officers were used to this. They were ready to take on any situation with bravery. So, with Officer Santana leading, the officers slowly crept into the warehouse.

Noises could be heard in the distance, and they had all hoped that this is where the girl was.

Officer Santana turned around briskly and ordered for her fellow officers to break out into different directions, staying clear of the only light in the room where they now saw a girl tightly strapped to a chair. A man was hovering above her, a gun in his hand.

As they distributed themselves around the warehouse, they heard the boy and girl yelling at each other. They only caught bits and pieces, but it was enough for them to confirm what they already knew about the case.

Just as they finished getting into place, Officer Santana noticed that the boy had brought the gun up to the girl's temple.

And she hoped that they wouldn't be too late in saving her as she lunged into the light.

* * *

After a three hour torturous ride, Jamal finally pulled up in front of their destination. It wasn't hard to spot them, as police cars lined nearly the entire road. The road was connected to a layer of dense trees, and a clearing on the other side. Before Jamal could even park decently, Leo was flying out of the car. Jamal stepped on the breaks in susprise, causing the car to lurch forward.

"Leo!" Jamal called out.

But Leo didn't hear him. He ran towards the police cars, immediately tensing when he noticed that he officers were pushing a handful of handcuffed boys into various police cars. Between this mess, he saw a flop of brown hair. He recognized John and ran to him.

John saw the car pull up long before any other officer did. He saw as Leo stumbled out of the car and towards them. He started walking to him, but Leo was already running towards him. The two hadn't met formally, but each knew the importance of the other to Amelia. They had that understanding at least.