Chapter 20- Taunting Makeovers

[] A M E L I A []

It had been four days since John came and went. Ever since that day, it was like I had found a way to revitalise myself. 

Somehow, John became an inspiration to me. For once, I wanted to step out of this place that had become my comfort zone, and finally attempt at going back to who I really was. It was a sudden decision. Something I was sure I'd regret at some point down the road. But for now, I wanted change.

First, I needed to get rid of my hoodie. 

It was a tough decision, to finally pull down the hood. However, it was something that was long overdue. There was no reason for me to hide who I was. If John could speak to a crowd full of nearly 50 careless adolescents, then I could at least pull down my hood and actually face the people who I was talking to. 

So on Saturday morning, I called the only person who could help me in this situation: Gemma Pollard.

I told her to come over since it was an emergency, and within five minutes, there was a knock at my door. Surprised, I opened the door to see Gemma panting on the other side.

"What happened?" she breathed out.

"Whoa, did you run here?" I asked.

She nodded and pushed her way into my room. I closed the door after her, and when I turned, she was just diving onto the bed. I shook my head at her antics.

"What's the emergency?" she asked, still trying to regain her breath.

I stood at the foot of my bed and looked down to her with a nervous smile.

"I actually need your help with something," I said, nervously rubbing my arm.

Gemma sat upright on my bed and gave me a serious look. She suddenly got up and came forward to face me. All of a sudden, she placed her hands on both of my shoulders and gave me a serious look.

"I think I know what it is."

I gave her a confused look.

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

She leaned in closer.

"You want to ask out Leo, don't you?"

I stared at her with my mouth agape.

'Where the hell did she get that from?'

Immediately, I shook her hands off of me and let out a loud "No!"

She frowned at my words and put her hands on her hips.

"Are you sure? Cause he looks like he can jump your bones anytime," she said sternly.

I gave her a mortified look and wrapped my arms around myself.

"You're crazy Gemma. He does not look at me like that."

This time, Gemma's mouth fell open at my words.

"You're crazy Amelia! Did you not see him the day John came?" she asked incredulously.

I frowned at her words and pictured Leo's face at that time. For some reason, it was engraved into my mind.

"Girl, do you even know how stressed he was that day?" Gemma continued. "The moment I found out that you left with John, I told the three of them that you might not be comfortable with him alone. Then, Leo frick-fracking ran through the doors of every possible building on the campus to find you. Then he saw you through the windows, sitting in a cafe with John's hand on yours, and he nearly lost it. If Andre hadn't pushed Jamal to get to John first, he would've been a mess of bones by now. Not just that, but his eyes kept burning holes to the side of John's head the whole time we all spoke to him."