Chapter 15- Taunting Mistakes

[] A M E L I A []

'Who the hell gave you permission to be here Amelia?'

That was all I heard repeatedly in my head for the past 23 hours and 45 minutes. And the answer to that was simple, "no one did, and I know I shouldn't have even been here in the first place."

I knew it. This friendship thing was too complicated from the start. I should have never agreed to Andre's request for lunch nearly 4 weeks ago, and I definitely shouldn't have continued to meet with them. And I tried. I tried so hard to stay away from them, but somehow, I always found myself surrounded by those three boys. It was like I lost all self-control.

It was like I forgot who I was. 

I didn't want to be a burden to them, and I certainly didn't want to come in the way of their friendship. I didn't mean for Andre and Jamal to catch me outside and I definitely didn't mean to cry in front of them. I hoped that the three of them were okay after what had happened last night.

After Andre dropped me off yesterday, I simply flopped into my bed and cried for what seemed like hours on end. I couldn't get Leo's raging face out of my head, and as much as I tried, I couldn't get his words out of my head either. 

I knew that he didn't like me. I knew that from the start. However, I thought that something shifted between us in the last week. It was like we came to an understanding. The moment he called me Moonie, although I didn't quite know what it meant or why he called me that, I thought he even considered me a friend. 

But I was wrong. 

I didn't belong here, and I definitely wasn't going to intrude in a place where I wasn't welcome.

Despite his rage being somewhat too much, I also felt bad about what happened yesterday. I never meant to step on a boundary I wasn't allowed to cross, and I didn't mean to hurt Leo as I did. I felt horrible about what I did, which made me cry even more.

By nightfall, I had simply run out of tears. I was sick of thinking about it, so I decided to delve into my textbooks. Even better, I wrote my english assignment on a random topic. It wasn't grand, but I finished it and handed it in anyway.

By the time I was done, it was 1 in the morning. I decided that it was a good time to go to sleep, so I sauntered over to my bed, and drifted off right away. 

* * *

It was finally Saturday morning. I groggily got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After going through my mundane morning routine, I decided to head to the cafe for some food. I simply grabbed my breakfast and headed back to my room to eat.

I was not in the mood to be around people today. I wanted to just curl up in a ball on my bed and lay there. After breakfast, that is exactly what I did. I don't know how much time had gone by, but I still lay there, doing absolutely nothing.

I don't know what had came over me. But for some reason, I felt absolutely devastated. I felt like I had lost something important in my life, and that was not a good feeling.

After what seemed like hours, there was a knock at my door. I sighed and stayed in bed, hoping the person on the other side would just go away.

However, after nearly five minutes of knocking persistently, I realized that the person won't be giving up. I sighed and finally pushed myself off the bed. I pulled the door open to see who it was.

To my surprise, Gemma stood on the other side with a grin on her face. She was holding a plastic bag and a backpack as well.

"Hey girl! I thought we could chill tod- whoa, what happened Amelia?" she suddenly said, coming closer to examine my face.