Chapter 26- Taunting Calls

[] A M E L I A []

After Leo 'shot' me, the intercom lady came on again, announcing that the game was already over and the Blue team won. Then Leo and I made our way out of the arena, with me now annoyed and Leo snickering behind me. When we came outside, everyone was still busy changing. We headed there as well and were bombarded with questions, mostly to do with who won. I replied saying our team won, but Leo shot me anyway. This caused him to laugh again, and I haughtily walked away to get changed.

We finally finished cleaning up and made it out to the lobby. After paying for our time, Joe, Eric, and Stephanie headed their own way, while the five of us decided to head to Leo's for the night. It was still early, only 7 in the evening, so we decided to get pizza and watch a movie at his place.

We assembled into the car and started our journey. On the way there, Andre put on music and him and Gemma jammed all the way back home, while the rest of us were happy in watching them. When we made it to Leo's apartment, we all piled in and immediately made ourselves comfortable.

I found myself sitting on the same couch as I had when I told Leo about my past, and immediately I was lost in thought. Everyone else had stopped in the kicthen where the pizza coupons were, and I could vaguely hear them arguing from here.

As I sat here, I simply thought of Leo. Once again, I wondered why he so easily accepted what I told him. There was simply no way he could be so calm about it. I bet he had many questions too, but never did he approach me to ask those questions.

He was patient with me.

But why?

He didn't quite like me we when we first met, and nor were we super close after that. Then what made him so understanding? More importantly, what made me tell him all about my past in the first place?

It had been four years since the incident, and ever since then, I've kept to myself. Then what made me spill out my deepest darkest secret to a boy I barely knew?

Was it an 'in the spur of the moment' kind of a thing? Or did I actually want to tell him? Despite all the questions running through my mind, something told me that the reason I trusted him, was that I could see a hint of sadness in him as well. Something similar to what I felt.

It was known territory with Leo.

And because it was known, it felt safe.

He had already confirmed that he felt the same. So was that it? He had a past like mine?

Before my thought process could continue, I felt the couch beside me dip. I turned to my side and found Leo occupying the spot beside me. He was already staring down at me, his gaze as intense as always. He was leaning back into the couch casually, his hands thrown in his pockets, and for some reason, I found comfort in his posture. He was relaxed around me.

After a moment of silence, I spoke.

"Why aren't you even phased by what I told you Leo?" I suddenly blurted out.

For the first time, I didn't break from his gaze. I wasn't surprised that he didn't falter at my question, since it further confirmed my suspicion that he carried deep wounds like I did. That's why he wasn't surprised when I told him about me.

He stayed silent at my words and continued to stare at me for the longest time before he spoke.

"I told you Amelia. The only scare you give me is the good kind," he said.

I stayed where I was, staring at him and trying to read him. His eyes held an empathetic glint to them and I found myself getting lost in the depths of them.