Chapter 51- Taunting Hearts

[] A M E L I A []

He was shocked at first, stunned by what was happening. His arms that once were holding me went slack against his sides. I could feel his heartbeat against mine, and I couldn't tell who's was more empowered.

After a few moments, Leo finally responded to the kiss.

His hands wound around me once again, caging me in completely. He was a layer of warmth, and I moved impossibly closer to him to bask in it. He groaned against my lips, and my heart jumped at the sound.

Suddenly, Leo started moving forward, and I unintentionally started moving backwards. Our feet tangled with one another, but we somehow didn't trip. I barely got sight of where we were going, and when my back hit something, I opened my eyes just long enough to see that I was pressed against the kitchen counter. And our lips never left each other.

My hands eagerly left his face and trailed down to his chest, landing by his heartbeat. He moaned into the kiss, and brought his hand up to cup my cheek, angling me to kiss me deeper. His thumb was caressing my cheek, while his fingertips brushed myhair. I had now noticed that between my back and the counter, Leo had used his hand as a barrier. The counter didn't jam into my back, but rather, his hand. And this time, I groaned into the kiss.

How does he keep doing little things like that? Things a normal person won't even think about doing.

His hand tightened around my back, embracing me and pulling me impossibly closer into him. He kissed me ferociously, his tongue demanding entrance in my mouth. I gave it away eagerly, not wanting to be separated from him. The kiss was different from anything I've experienced before. It felt as if Leo was pouring all of him into me in this moment. His kiss offered protection, warmth, and everything I needed in this moment.

The haze of fear I was in before was now replaced by a haze of everything that was Leo. I could only feel him, all of him, all around me.

We finally pulled away to catch our breaths. Leo attached his forehead to mine once more, his hand still cupping my cheek. I opened my eyes after a few moments, only to see that Leo's were still closed. His brows were furrowed, his lips parted slightly as he breathed through his mouth.

"I've been dying to do that all night long," he breathed out against my lips.

My heart was hammering against my chest, my mouth parting at his words. Leo finally opened his eyes slowly, as if he was just awakening from a slumber. I watched him mesmerized, unable to do anything else. His eyes stayed trained on me for a moment, before trailing back to my lips. I licked them out of instinct, feeling them dry out by how he was looking at me. His gaze traveled lower and lower, and it was then I realized that I was in his clothes. He swallowed deeply as he saw me wearing his hoodie, and then snapped his head up to me again.

"I think I love this look more than the dress."

And despite everything that happened today, I found myself laughing at what Leo said.

* * *

After eating a bowl of noodles each, Leo and I sat down on the couch. Well, Leo sat down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. And despite the warning bells going off in my head to not let Leo get too close, I found myself relaxing against his touch. I couldn't help it anymore.

I found myself snuggling against his chest, as he rested his head against the top of the couch, his arms wrapped tightly around me. We stayed like that for a while. The sound of the electric fireplace serving as the only noise in the room. Leo started tracing patterns on my arm, lulling me into another sleep. However, I didn't want this night to end, so I kept my eyes wide open.