Chapter 29- Taunting Laughs

[] G E M M A []

The day after Amelia told me about Leo's invitation, I had a wicked idea. It was obvious the two felt something toward each other. The problem was, they just needed a push.

So being the amazing friend I am, I decided to be the push.

I texted Andre, asking about Leo's whereabouts and waited for his reply. When his reply came in, I was happy to hear that Leo had some spare time before his next class, and he was in the library studying. I headed over there immediately and searched until I found Leo seated at a table on the third floor. It was the quietest floor, one where no one really climbed all the way up to.

Leo was seated in the far corner and I made my way to him. However, realizing that I had to look a little scarier for this plan of mine to work, I contorted my face into a small scowl.

When I came to a stop at his desk, Leo finally looked up. A look of recognition crossed his eyes and he nodded at me.

"Gemma," he greeted.

I nodded curtly and took the seat across from him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, closing his book and facing me.

I clasped my hands together and rested them atop the table.

"There's something we need to talk about," I said sternly.

"Okay..." he said, sounding confused.

'Good, he's nervous already, Gemma,' I praised myself.

"I heard you want to take my best friend home this weekend." I stated.

At my words, Leo awkwardly rubbed the nape of his neck with one hand.

"Uh... it's not what you... it really isn't what you think," he finally said, his expression mildly embarrassed.

I had to hold myself back from cooing at him.

"I'm aware that you want her to meet someone. Can I ask who that is?" I asked, trying to push him further.

He sighed and looked down.

"I'm sorry. That's something I can't tell you," he said, his eyes now shifting to look almost annoyed.

I let out a breath and faced him head on.

"Just let me know... you aren't taking her home to meet some girlfriend you left behind, right?"

At this Leo sat up straight and faced me with his mouth agape.

"Of course not. Do I look like the type of guy who would do that?" he asked incredulously.

I sighed.

"I know not to judge books by their covers, Leo. So with that, I don't know what type of a person you are. But it seems that Amelia knows. And it seems like she trusts you. I just want to make sure her trust is worth it," I said.

Leo kept his gaze in level with mine, his eyes holding a certain intensity I noticed came around whenever Amelia was near. It seemed as if the mention of her also did the trick.