Why- Chapter 20

You and Ayato were walking to the collage. You forgot to remind him about what Kaneki told him so you decided to ask him again.

"Ayato, what did Kaneki tell you?"
You ask. He seems to go a bit tense.
"He said I shouldn't have hit Touka and something about he is going to make me pay unless I decide to never talk let alone see her"

You sighed. "I don't understand why he is being like this all the sudden. If you didn't hit her someone else would have and it could have turned out to be a lot worse" You stated more to yourself then your purple haired partner.

"Right" He said a bit quitely. You guys finally reached the collage and entered with no problems. You and Ayato both pulled up pictures of Touka until you realized something.

"Wait Ayato, if Kaneki said you stay away from Touka. Don't you think he will have her somewhere? I don't think he would even let her come to school" You say. He turned off his phone and dropped his arm to side.

"You're right" He frowned "Well now what?" He asked to himself showing his frustration. You looked over and saw a paper that looked like one at the coffee shop. You went to where it lay on the ground and picked it up.

Ayato gave you a confused look. "What's that?" he asked. You handed him the paper. "It another one of these" You answered he looked at it and sighed while crumbling up the small yellow paper and throwing it in a near by trash can.

"Hey i think Hide goes here. The guy that was friends with Kaneki? He might know something" You suggest. Ayato shakes his head.

"You should call him. Just in case if Kaneki told him about me. He probably told this Hide about of how wonderful I am. I don't feel like doing any autographs today" Ayato said sarcastically.

You rolled your eyes. But he was kinda right. Kaneki probably warned Hide about Ayato or maybe even you.

"Right" You say "Let's go"

You both walk out with no problems.

Wow. Isn't this place secure.

Anyways, following Ayato not really knowing where he was leading you. It was the least of your worries as you dialed Hides number. Almost right away he answers.

"Hello!" Hide says.

"Hi Hide this is (l/n)" You say.

"Hey what's up?" He asked in his normal cheerful tone.

"Have you seen Touka around? Has she been at school?" You ask.

He pauses for a moment while humming. "No, she hasn't been here. Actually I haven't even herd from her in a while" Hide says.

"Okay, um and what about Kaneki?" You ask.

Another pause.

"Actually. No. I haven't herd from him in a while, I'm starting to think he is avoiding me or something" He says. His tone saddening.

"That's alright! I was just wondering, if you hear from him let me know okay?" You say trying to lighten up the mood.

"You will be the first I call!" He says. It's like you could feel the boy smiling.

"Awesome bye!" You say.

"See ya!"

And with that he hung up.

"Well?" Ayato said.

"Nope. he says he haven't heard from either of them in a while" You answer.
Ayato suddenly stops. Causing you to bump into his back. You look around. All you see is buildings and more. Then a random path that led to a wooded area.

"Ayato, Where are we?"

"I don't know"

"Are you serious?"

"Do I ever lie?"

You sigh.

"Maybe we should go threw the woods. I don't feel like dealing with fucking anyone right now" He says.

"Ouch"

"You have an exception"

"Good"

"Let's go"

Then you and him headed between the buildings that led to the woods. But what got to you the most what was on the paper that you found at Touka and Hide's school.

What it read was.

'Bones'