That's good - Chapter 28

Two years later

"Ayato i'm hungry" You complained to your purple hair boyfriend.

"So" He replied.

You face palmed "I feel so betrayed" You joked.

"Go get something yourself then" He said scrolling on his phone you rolled your eyes. "Fine" You mumbled.

"See you later" He said.

"Love ya to" You said rolling your eyes again, you got up and put your shoes on. You walked to the door "bye" You said "love ya" You repeated from earlier.

He didn't say anything for moment as if he was hesitating a bit "You to" He sighed still on his phone not making eye contact.

"Hmm" You hummed and walked out. You found your way out of the tree building and walked outside. You walked to a bridge you knew Kaneki went to when he has to eat. Because as sad as it was people tended to jump off.

Looking around making sure no one around you jumped down your kagune protecting you from a fatal fall. You saw a body almost right away. You knelt down.

"I'm sorry" You apologize.

You began to eat the body satisfying your hunger. Once you finished you wiped your mouth with your arm.

You leaned against the bridge wall and thought back. About Ayato.

Something seemed off about him. And you started to wonder and add a bunch of questions in your river of thoughts.

'Why was he so focused on his phone? What was he doing or looking at? How come he didn't say he loved me back? He usually says it. Is he alright?' You started to think. Not wanting to assume the worst or anything.

You looked up at the sky and you noticed it started to get dark. "I should probably head back" You thought to yourself. You packed up some of the left overs from the body for Ayato and made your journey back home.

You didn't realize how far away you really were. After about five more minutes of walking you made it back to the tree. The halls are as empty as always, you made your way to the room and walked in.

Ayato was laying down on the bed letting his feet dangle off the bed. You shut the door and locked it, then walked in front of him.

He was still on that phone. You sighed and threw the medium sized package on his stomach causing him to make a quite 'oof' sound. He lowered his phone and eyed you "What was that for?" He asked.

"Well I wasn't sure if you ate so I brought you back some" You said sitting on the bed next to him taking off your shoes.

"Okay thanks I guess, you seem to be in a bad mood" He said Turing his phone off  and sitting it next to him doing the same with the packaged 'meat'.

"You're one to talk" You mumbled

He sat up so there was no space between your legs. He started to rub your thigh. "What's wrong?" He said watching his hand rub your thigh.

"Well for one" You started "You barely said anything to me before I left you were on your phone" You said looking at his hand as it suddenly stopped it's motion. "Before I left you didn't say you loved me" You said getting quite with each word.

"I see" He said after a couple seconds of awkward silence. He put his hand on your other shoulder making you closer to him and your head fall onto his shoulder.

"I was" He hesitated again "Looking at some things and for some reason it made me hesitate to say it" He said, and you could tell it took him a lot of effort to admit that. "Oh gosh" You said "What were you looking at? nothing like 'signs she is cheating' or anything. You know not to trust the internet Ayato" You joked.

He rolled his eyes, even though you couldn't see it. You knew him well enough to know that he did the action.

"No" He said.

"Then what was it?" You ask.

"I can't tell you yet" He said.

"Is 'yet' a key word?" You ask.

"Yes" He replied.

"So that means you are going to tell me soon?" You ask.

"I'll show you it" He said.

"Ah surprises fun" You chuckled.

"You could say that" He mumbled.

"When will I see it?" You asked.

"Once it's complete" He replied.

"Complete?" You ask.

"Why do you keep asking so many questions?" He groaned.

"Just curious" You shrugged.

"Curiosity killed that cat" He said.

"Yes, but i'm not a cat" You smirked. He didn't reply but just Laid back down taking you with him. You were half on top of him. Your head was on his chest. His heartbeats were very calming.

"Even if I don't say that I love you" He said "Just know that I do" He said quietly some part of him hoping you would but wouldn't hear that because he started to feel a bit embarrassed by his cheesy words.

You heard him clearly and his heart beats started to quicken. You smiled.

"I know" You replied. His heart slowly calmed itself going back to it's normal pace. "Good" He said.

"That's good"