Chapter 7: Sorry

After dinner, Makenzie went up to her room and listened to her ipod. She put it on shuffle, since she really didn’t care what was on she just wanted to listen to something and get everything off of her mind.

She started listening to it and she started to fall asleep. She reached over and turned off the lamp and then just sat there, while her eyes slowly began to shut. When suddenly, she heard the door creak open. Makenzie sighed. “Why can’t I have a little alone time every now and then I mean seriously I’m on vacation!” she thought to herself.

She rolled over to face the door and saw Noah standing there. “What do you want?” she said to him in a tired voice. He walked over to her bed and sat on the corner of it. Makenzie just looked at him.

“Kenzie,” he whispered. “I just wanted to tell you that…well…I think you’re pretty cool and I was..um. Wondering if…” Makenzie sat up at put her hand up motioning him to stop.

“Do you remember when Emily came over and had us buy cookies from her?” she asked questionably. He shook his head. “Well, after she walked out to the car, I heard you and Emily talking about me…”. After Makenzie said that Noah looked down at his hands remembering the conversation he had had with Emily that day.

Makenzie looked at him. “And now you want to go out with me? After all that you have done to avoid me and ignore and degrade me, you just act like nothing happened. Noah, I cant do that. I’m sorry.”

Noah looked up and Makenzie. Makenzie swore she saw a tear in his eye. Noah got up to walk away, but stopped at the door. Hw turned around and looked back at Makenzie again. This time, there was a tear running down his face.

“Makenzie,” he said. “I’m sorry.” Then he walked out of the room and out to the empty street.

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

Sorry it's so short

**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**