14. Stuck in Between

"Louis!" Liam called out as he ran out of the bathroom chasing after a wet and naked Louis. Louis went into his headspace suddenly when Harry left with Zayn to the police station. Right now, Liam finished giving him a bath.

"Nu, LiLi!" Louis giggled as he ran down the hallway and there's suddenly a sound of the front door opening.

"Daddy!" Louis called out and ran to the stairs making Liam's blood run cold. There's a high chance of Louis falling down those stairs in his current mindset. He ran to the boy quickly and he heard someone run up the stairs too. Before Liam could reach Louis there's Harry picking up the boy who's halfway down the stairs.

"We don't run down the stairs, Louis!" Harry scolded. "You could've fallen down on these and got hurt." Harry explained and smiled warmly at the boy when he saw his face twisting in a way that says 'I'm gonna cry harder than ever before now.'

"Aw, it's okay now. Don't do that again, okay?" Harry placed a kiss on Louis' nose. Louis nodded furiously before burying his head into Harry's neck.

"Why's my princess butt naked? Were you giving trouble to Liam?" Harry hummed as he stepped up the stairs with his baby in his arms. Louis just giggled into Harry's shoulder before looking up to find Liam with his arms crossed.

"He ran out of the bathroom before I could even put a towel on him." Liam accused.

"That's a no no, boo. Let's go and put on some clothes with daddy." Harry bopped his nose with Louis'. He then turned to Liam again. "Can you check on Zayn? He's in the living room I think." He said. Liam nodded before walking off to where Zayn is.

Harry opened the door to Louis' room and laid the boy on the changing table. He blew a raspberry to the boy's bare tummy making the boy erupt into giggles.

"Don't roll off." Harry warned before bending down to get the needed supplies. He quickly put a diaper on the boy and picked him up.

"What Onesie do you want?" Harry asked as he opened Louis' Onesie drawer. Louis pointed at a mint green onesie and Harry picked it up for him. He placed the smaller boy on the bed and dressed him in his onesie.

"All done!" Harry peppered Louis' face with kisses and helped the boy out of the bed. He took a hold of boy's hand and started walking out of the room. "Did you have your lunch little one?"

"Nu buh LiLi said he no cook yet." Louis explained. Harry hummed a little and picked the boy up again once they are about to go down the stairs.

"Watch some cartoons till daddy help LiLi with lunch." Harry placed Louis on the couch and turned on some cartoons for him. He made sure to place a kiss on the boy's forehead before leaving to the kitchen.

"Hey! Where's Zayn?" Harry asked Liam who stood there stirring something in a pot on the stove.

"He went to bed saying he was tired. I tried to get him stay until lunch but he said no. I didn't want to push him. He seemed pretty drained out." Liam explained.

"Oh, okay. We can give him his lunch once he wakes up. I'm also pretty sure he needed to rest. He cried so much." Harry mumbled as he peeked inside the pot to see what Liam is cooking. It was veggies which mean a fuzzy Louis.

"Where's Lou?" Liam asked.

"He's watching TV." Harry answered before taking seat on the counter. "Do you think Louis is jealou(i)s of Zayn?" Harry asked, looking concerned.

"He sure is. That kid is so possessive over people he loves but he also understands the situation, Harry. So don't worry about that." Liam sent Harry a reassuring smile before getting back to cooking.