In the Blink of an Eye

Mehek POV

"Mr. Aman I am waiting in the Tamra, Shangrila."
I said to him.

"Yes ofcourse. I will be there in a minute Ms. Mehek. See you soon."
He answered and then we hung up.

I sat closer to the entrance making sure that I easily visible. I purposely told Jerry to take rest in our room till I meet this guy. I did not want to take a risk if things did not go well today. The doctors have said that Jerrys state of mind has turned very sensitive post her injuries. I do want her to know about about her past self. But it has to be done slowly and steadily. Too much shock is not good for Jerry.

Finally a man in all black arrived and I waved at him pointing to myself. He quickly understood and then walked towards me. After a minute of introduction and greetings we ordered some ice tea.

"So Ms. Mehek what about the proposal that you mentioned..."
As soon as he started his business talks I stopped him immediately.

"Sorry Mr. Aman I am about to burst your bubble right now. Here is the thing. I took you email address from my friend Rita. She was a model for AR. The truth is that my friend had an accident a few months ago and she is suffering from Retrograde Amnesia. She has no clue about her past. Not even her name. The only thing that rings a bell is your boss ASRs eyes. My friend believes that she might have met ASR in her past. And Mr. Raizada is the only key to access her deep buried memories for now. My friend Jerry needs to see ASR once. This is important for her."
I said in a rush feeling all breathless.

"So this is not a business meeting..? You called and arranged for this meet up because you want me to help you or should I say this Jerry person socialize with ASR my boss? And you lied for the same?
Aman confirmed.

I nodded.

"Then you are nuts Mehek Sharma. Because my boss ASR is a busy man. Even if I try and arrange this personal meeting with your friend Jerry...ASR will fire me. So I suggest you stay overnight and then leave this town."
He stated and then began to leave.

No ways. For Jerry I have to convince him. I stood up as well and then held his elbow. Which resulted in a deep and long eyelock. Somehow we were standing very closely to each other. I tried to look away but his eyes were not ready to leave me. After a moment I realized where we were and let go off his elbow. Backing away a little I cleared my throat.

"Listen Aman. Here is the thing. My friend is my only family. And I need to do this for her. Jerry has the right to know about her near and dear ones. She has the right to know about her identity. On humanitarian grounds I am requesting you to try and help me out. Atleast try for once. If nothing happens then I will have no choice but to leave Delhi. And you would have done the same if it was your family at stake. So dont deny it."
Saying so I left the restaurant without giving him a second glance and took the elevator for my room.

Why was he staring at me....so...so weirdly??? That one moment felt like one season. Why am I thinking about all this....?

Whatever. I need to check on Jerry.

Khushi POV

After taking a long shower when I came back to the living room Mehek was waiting for me. God I hope things went well.
"What happened? Did he.."
I trailed with the question. Mehek just stared at the diagonal tiled floor and then replied with a sigh.

"Well...he was about to walk out but then I told him about you. And how it is really important for you to meet ASR. I did not wait to hear his reply. But I am sure he will call back with a positive answer. Dont worry Jerry. If not Aman we will find some other way to get in touch with ASR. Thats my promise to you."
Mehek said with a wink. I know what she was trying to do. So inreturn I hugged her and smiled.