New Relations Vs Old Bonds

Khushi POV

I am a married woman. I am finally the wife of my one and only love Arnav Singh Raizada. Who would have thought that after the hundreds of obstacles that we faced together...Arnav and I would finally end up with each other? However, all the challenges and struggles that led to this moment were a part of our story. A part of us.

Lucknow....

Sheesh Mahal....

That unexpected fashion show....

And that one damn fall that Arnav broke for me.

When I look back at our history I feel like laughing outloud. We really gave Hate At First Sight a NEW MEANING...Did we not?? Hehe. If someone would have said to me that this evil monster who has captured you will one day become your world...I would have chuckled at his silly joke. But this is life. It gives you everything at every moment when you least expect it.

All these thoughts were swirling in my mind when I felt a hand on my shoulder. A comforting still rough hand. I can recognize that touch anytime. Anywhere. Smiling at the warmth that spread all over me I turned around to face him. He was holding a single rose in his other hand while staring at me with his now joyful chocolate brown orbs. Both of us were still in our wedding attire. Once our wedding was done Arnav ordered me to get comfortable in his room while he waited to escort both Mehek and Aman to the door. And now my husband was back with a simple gift in his hand.

Giving him a shy smile I accepted the rose only to sniff its intense smell.
He returned the gesture with a smile of his own.
"This is what I like. Simplicity is the best gift of all."
I whispered.

"I know Khushi. It took me sometime to realize that you are different from the rest. I became a little judgemental for a while. But now I have comprehended the fact that you are one in a million. And I should cherish you in the best possible ways."
He replied softly.

I hugged him to myself in the next second. If we can understand each other on such an intimate level then I am sure that we can live a really comfortable life ahead. His arms snaked around me immediately.
"Thank you Arnav. For finally giving me what I always wanted and needed. Your unconditional Love. Now I am satisfied with my life. Nothing can be greater than this gift."

I heard and felt his deep sigh. His one action was enough for me know that even his silence has a voice of its own.
"You seem really happy tonight?"
I questioned.

He left my embrace only to hold my hand in his.
"Because I am really very very happy Khushi. Finally. Finally I. Have. You. Here. As. My. Wife."
He replied emphasizing on each word.

We shared another smile and then he slowly moved along with me towards the bed. It was well decorated with thousands of red roses. Suddenly out of nowhere a flashback came to my mind. The last time on my wedding night Arnav Singh Raizada had turned into a heartless Beast. I tried to undo the memory but unfortunately certain things will always remind us about the painful phase of our love.

Ripped petals of flowers...

A harsh hold over my elbow pushing me to the poolside...

And the slamming of a glass door creating a barrier of misunderstandings and hatred...

"Khushi...Khushi come back....come back please."
A broken but hoarse voice of Arnav registered in my mind.

I blinked furiously and saw myself sitting at the very same bed. The flowers were still in their place. Nothing was out of order. And Arnav was not glaring at me thankfully. He was simply sitting besides me with a painful look on face.
"I..I...I just..."
Unable to complete my sentence I lowered my eyes to the floor.